  1. bmck

    bmck Guest

    How can I reduce a 1mb photo file to send via email? Thanks

    bmck, Jan 23, 2007

  2. bmck wrote:
    > How can I reduce a 1mb photo file to send via email? Thanks

    > Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service
    > in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms -
    > Total Privacy via Encryption =---

    jpeg resizer.exe, free download. Google for it.

    Dennis Pogson, Jan 23, 2007

  3. bmck

    Joan Guest

    Whose email can't handle a 1mb file?

    --
    Joan

    "bmck" <> wrote in message
    : How can I reduce a 1mb photo file to send via email? Thanks
    :
    :
    Usenet News==----
    : http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
    >100,000 Newsgroups

    : ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
    =---

    Joan, Jan 23, 2007
  4. Il 23/01/2007 12:04, Joan dixit:
    > Whose email can't handle a 1mb file?

    Modem users, maybe. There is still a lot of them.

    --
    I love to be mailed just by smart people:
    perl -we 'print "\12\142\145\162\156\141\155\141\100\151".

    cyrusthevirus, Jan 23, 2007
  5. bmck

    Gizmo. Guest

    "Joan" <2> wrote in message
    > Whose email can't handle a 1mb file?

    Maybe someone who has a dial up connection ...

    Gizmo., Jan 23, 2007
  6. bmck

    Joan Guest

    They can still handle the file, it just takes longer to download.

    --
    Joan

    :

    Joan, Jan 23, 2007
  7. bmck

    cb3c Guest

    I'm on a modem and it's a pain in the rear! I use IrFanView to resize and
    that makes it faster to upload to send.

    cb3c, Jan 23, 2007
  8. bmck

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Joan wrote:
    > They can still handle the file, it just takes longer to download.

    Hopefully we've finished criticizing the op's original question.
    Faststone will resample one or more files and email in one operation
    using the default mailer or else will copy to a folder from which you
    can then mail as attachments.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Jan 23, 2007
  9. bmck

    HerHusband Guest

    > They can still handle the file, it just takes longer to download.

    Not always...

    My mother-in-law still has dial-up, and they have poor quality phone lines
    in her area. Disconnects are common and frequent.

    She can connect and download short email messages without too many
    problems, but anytime someone emails a large picture to her, it can tie up
    her email for weeks making numerous attempts to download the message. Every
    disconnect means starting all over again.

    I have tried numerous dial-up services and different phone numbers, I
    installed new phone lines in their house last week, and am planning on
    replacing the modem in the next week or two, but I suspect it's just the
    phone company lines. Other family members in the same area have the same
    problems.

    Anthony

    HerHusband, Jan 23, 2007
  10. bmck

    Nobody Guest

    On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 06:34:11 -0400, bmck wrote:
    > How can I reduce a 1mb photo file to send via email? Thanks

    The crack rec.photo.digital mind-reading team will get back to you as
    soon as they determine what operating system you are using and what
    image software you have on hand.

    http://www.sloperama.com/advice/entry65.htm

    Nobody, Jan 23, 2007
  11. bmck

    Bob Williams Guest

    bmck wrote:
    > How can I reduce a 1mb photo file to send via email? Thanks

    > http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

    If you have Win Xp, it will do it for you automatically on request.
    Right click the image > Click Send To > Click Mail Recipient.
    At this point Windows opens a menu that asks whether you want to reduce
    the image size for e-mailing or do you want to send the original image size?
    Click "Make all my images smaller"
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Jan 23, 2007
  12. bmck

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Bob Williams wrote:

    > bmck wrote:
    >> How can I reduce a 1mb photo file to send via email? Thanks

    >> News==----
    >> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
    >> >100,000 Newsgroups

    >> ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

    > If you have Win Xp, it will do it for you automatically on request.
    > Right click the image > Click Send To > Click Mail Recipient.
    > At this point Windows opens a menu that asks whether you want to reduce
    > the image size for e-mailing or do you want to send the original image
    > size?
    > Click "Make all my images smaller"
    > Bob Williams

    Winxp makes it a bit less (640x480) than I would like unless there's an
    option I've missed. But good point, adequate for a quick email.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Jan 24, 2007
  13. bmck

    Rudy Lacchin Guest

    "Joan" <2> wrote in message
    > Whose email can't handle a 1mb file?

    Corporate users whose administrators impose size limits.

    R.

    Rudy Lacchin, Jan 24, 2007
  14. bmck

    Rudy Lacchin Guest

    "bmck" <> wrote in message
    > How can I reduce a 1mb photo file to send via email? Thanks

    I use Dirk Djuga's "Retriever" although it will only do one pic at a time -
    no batch mode.

    See http://www.djuga.net/retriever.html.

    R.

    Rudy Lacchin, Jan 24, 2007
  15. bmck

    Mike Fields Guest

    "Dave Cohen" <> wrote in message
    > Bob Williams wrote:
    >>

    >> bmck wrote:
    >>> How can I reduce a 1mb photo file to send via email? Thanks

    >>> Usenet News==----
    >>> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
    >>> ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
    >>> =---

    >> If you have Win Xp, it will do it for you automatically on request.
    >> Right click the image > Click Send To > Click Mail Recipient.
    >> At this point Windows opens a menu that asks whether you want to
    >> reduce the image size for e-mailing or do you want to send the
    >> original image size?
    >> Click "Make all my images smaller"
    >> Bob Williams
    >>

    > Winxp makes it a bit less (640x480) than I would like unless there's
    > an option I've missed. But good point, adequate for a quick email.
    > Dave Cohen

    Actually Dave, you did miss the option -- when the resize dialog box
    pops up, in the lower left is "more options" or something like that --
    click
    that and it will give you a choice of other sizes to use.

    Also, don't forget the powertools image resizer from Microsoft that
    is a free download under their powertoys. I can find the link if
    anyone needs it -- works well and you can use it with a right click.

    mikey

    Mike Fields, Jan 26, 2007