    reliable? Any particular models that immediately come to mind for my
    purposes?

    Thanks everyone, greatly appreciated.
    Mansoor Siddiqui, Aug 31, 2003

  2. Mansoor Siddiqui

    Bobby Walsh Guest

    "Mansoor Siddiqui" <> wrote in message
    news:SMs4b.51778$...
    > Hello, this is my first time posting on this newsgroup.
    >
    > Anyhoo, I've never owned a digital camera and I'm looking into buying one.
    > I've done a little research and I think 2MP should be good -- though 3
    > sounds nice. Since this camera is not for professional purposes at all, I
    > don't want to spend a great deal.
    >
    > Could someone point me in the right direction? Which companies are the

    most
    > reliable? Any particular models that immediately come to mind for my
    > purposes?
    >
    > Thanks everyone, greatly appreciated.

    What is your budget like? In US dollars?
    Bobby Walsh, Aug 31, 2003

  3. Hi Mansoor

    Take a trip out to http://dpreview.com and
    take a look at their excellent reviews.

    I do recommend a 3MP camera; it'll let you
    make lovely 5"x7" prints, and even reasonable
    8"x10"s.

    Happy imaging ....

    Stan
    Stanley Krute, Aug 31, 2003
  4. My budget is about 300 US. I'll stretch it if I see a really good deal, but
    I want to try to keep it low. I'm just a poor university student. >_<

    Mansoor Siddiqui, Sep 1, 2003
  5. Thanks a bunch, I'll take a look at the site.

    Mansoor Siddiqui, Sep 1, 2003