    need for the pictures to be highly detailed. What camera should I
    get? Price is the most important factor in this purchase.

    TIA

    ct, Feb 9, 2005

  2. ct

    Guest

    , Feb 9, 2005

  3. ct

    Scharf-DCA Guest

    ct wrote:

    > I need help selecting a camera that will be used primarilty to take
    > pictures of items that I want to sell on ebay. I typically sell
    > medium sized items such as guitars, monitors, and such. There is no
    > need for the pictures to be highly detailed. What camera should I
    > get? Price is the most important factor in this purchase.

    For a new camera, get the $145 Canon A400
    "http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002OGJJA/sanfrancisc0b-20?"

    I would not go below this if buying new, you want the optical zoom and
    AF assist lamp, and this is the least expensive camera with these two
    features.

    One step up from that is the Canon A85, for $190,
    "http://buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=CNPSA85"

    Even the 2Mp Canon A60 would have been fine, and it was selling for
    $100, but it's discontinued, and goes for more than $100 on the used
    market. Ditto for the discontinued A75, which was going for around $150.

    Scharf-DCA, Feb 9, 2005
  4. ct

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    ct <> wrote:

    > I need help selecting a camera that will be used primarilty to take
    > pictures of items that I want to sell on ebay. I typically sell
    > medium sized items such as guitars, monitors, and such. There is no
    > need for the pictures to be highly detailed. What camera should I
    > get? Price is the most important factor in this purchase.

    You could also try the Nikon Coolpix 3700 or the Fuji F440.
    These are both pocket-sized so you can carry them everywhere with you.
    Simply using a camera for the odd ebay photo seems a waste. If you truly
    want to just do that, then check out the used camera section on ebay.

    Stewy, Feb 10, 2005