    team? They always ask for an email with full headers, all or nothing.

    Many thanks for any help.
    , Mar 6, 2007

  2. On 2007-03-06, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, waxed eloquently:
    > I regularly use the website Craigslist and I discover that Nigerian
    > scammers operate regularly on that site. They use Yahoo email
    > addresses most of the time and they are visible in their posts. Click
    > on this link and see the email address inside it.
    >
    > http://wyoming.craigslist.org/pet/289216565.html
    >
    > How do I go about reporting this email address to the Yahoo Abuse
    > team? They always ask for an email with full headers, all or nothing.
    >
    > Many thanks for any help.

    Nigerian scammers selling bulldog puppies? Now that's a new one..

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    Even a cabbage may look at a king.
    The Old Sourdough, Mar 6, 2007

  3. The Old Sourdough wrote:

    > Nigerian scammers selling bulldog puppies? Now that's a new one..

    Wonder how many of them dogs will fit in my Swiss bank acct.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 6, 2007
  4. Evan Platt Guest

    On 6 Mar 2007 10:15:50 -0800, ""
    <> wrote:

    >I regularly use the website Craigslist and I discover that Nigerian
    >scammers operate regularly on that site. They use Yahoo email
    >addresses most of the time and they are visible in their posts. Click
    >on this link and see the email address inside it.
    >
    >http://wyoming.craigslist.org/pet/289216565.html
    >
    >How do I go about reporting this email address to the Yahoo Abuse
    >team? They always ask for an email with full headers, all or nothing.
    >
    >Many thanks for any help.

    Yahoo = blackhole.

    See that PROHIBITED button?

    Press it. :-D
    Evan Platt, Mar 6, 2007
  5. Soundblaster Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I regularly use the website Craigslist and I discover that Nigerian
    > scammers operate regularly on that site. They use Yahoo email
    > addresses most of the time and they are visible in their posts. Click
    > on this link and see the email address inside it.
    >
    > http://wyoming.craigslist.org/pet/289216565.html
    >
    > How do I go about reporting this email address to the Yahoo Abuse
    > team? They always ask for an email with full headers, all or nothing.
    >
    > Many thanks for any help.

    I must be missing something with Nigerian scams these days,
    all they offer me is a percentage of $400million of secreted
    government funds if I allow them full access to my bank account.
    What exactly is the scam in the link you posted - You think you're
    buying English bulldogs but the devious Nigerians sell a disguised
    French poodle?
    There is nothing there for Yahoo to act upon, have you tried
    asking in the paranoia groups?
    Soundblaster, Mar 6, 2007
  6. Nuria Guest

    "Soundblaster" <> wrote in message

    > I must be missing something with Nigerian scams these days,
    > all they offer me is a percentage of $400million of secreted
    > government funds if I allow them full access to my bank account.
    > What exactly is the scam in the link you posted - You think you're
    > buying English bulldogs but the devious Nigerians sell a disguised
    > French poodle?
    > There is nothing there for Yahoo to act upon, have you tried
    > asking in the paranoia groups?

    I agree. 500 people(or more) may have hit the PROHIBITED button and caused
    some unneeded problems for some individual that did not deserve it just
    because they read the OP.
    Nuria, Mar 6, 2007
  7. lee houston Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I regularly use the website Craigslist and I discover that Nigerian
    > scammers operate regularly on that site. They use Yahoo email
    > addresses most of the time and they are visible in their posts. Click
    > on this link and see the email address inside it.

    donpetit25 AT yahoo.com is the address in your referenced CL
    posting. How did you determine it was that of a Nigerian
    scammer?

    lee
    lee houston, Mar 6, 2007
  8. Mara Guest

    On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:19:21 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >
    >> Nigerian scammers selling bulldog puppies? Now that's a new one..

    >Wonder how many of them dogs will fit in my Swiss bank acct.

    When I put an ad in the area paper to sell my puppy, I got a internet call from
    a 419er on the puppy. I had a little e-mail chat with the paper, and now they
    publish a warning. The fool e-mailed me after the call, so I had really him
    then. Straight from Nigeria.

    Odd to think that out here we'd have that problem, but it sure happened. Gah.

    --
    Can you SysAdmins tell me what might go on in a typical day?
    Hours of endless frustration punctuated by moments of sheer terror.
    Mara, Mar 6, 2007
  9. On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 10:15:50 -0800, wrote:

    > I regularly use the website Craigslist and I discover that Nigerian
    > scammers operate regularly on that site. They use Yahoo email
    > addresses most of the time and they are visible in their posts. Click
    > on this link and see the email address inside it.
    >
    > http://wyoming.craigslist.org/pet/289216565.html
    >
    > How do I go about reporting this email address to the Yahoo Abuse
    > team? They always ask for an email with full headers, all or nothing.
    >
    > Many thanks for any help.

    The fact that they use a yahoo email address doesn't mean the email comes
    from a yahoo account. It is highly unlikely that it does. You can use
    the same email addresses in your netscape email program. You need to
    trace the email, which is very complicated and time consuming. Open a free
    http://spamcop.net account and spamcop will do this stuff for you. That is
    what I do.

    --
    Brian (not wanting to be a messiah): "You are all individuals..."
    Crowd (in unison): "We are all individuals..."
    noalternative, Mar 7, 2007
  10. Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 19:45:28 -0600, noalternative
    <> wrote:

    >The fact that they use a yahoo email address doesn't mean the email comes
    >from a yahoo account.

    When did we start talking about e-mail?

    >It is highly unlikely that it does. You can use
    >the same email addresses in your netscape email program. You need to
    >trace the email, which is very complicated and time consuming. Open a free
    >http://spamcop.net account and spamcop will do this stuff for you. That is
    >what I do.

    Put down the peace pipe, tonto.
    Evan Platt, Mar 7, 2007