    RegSvr32 "LoadLibrary("cdonts.dll) failed - The specified module could not
    be found."

    Please advise...

    =?Utf-8?B?cmF6b3I=?=, Aug 20, 2007

  2. If your DLLs are 32-bit, you need to explicitly call the 32-bit DLL
    regsrv32. It is located in %windir%\syswow64.

    The problem is that 32-bit and 64-bit programs have a different view of the
    file system and "system32" is not the same to them. 32-bit programs see
    %windir%\syswow64 as "%windir%\system32". 64-bit programs see the real
    system32, which is for 64-bit programs and dlls.

    And if the mis-use of 64 and 32 in the directories doesn't confuse you,
    you're a better person than the rest of us. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 20, 2007

  3. Perfect--thank you.

    sd

    =?Utf-8?B?cmF6b3I=?=, Aug 20, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cmF6b3I=?=

    Dshai Guest

    If it wasn't confusing it wouldn't be M$...;o)

    --
    Dshai

    Life is limited only by those living it...

    Dshai, Aug 21, 2007
  5. It's actually pretty straight forward. The concern is whether there will be
    any performance issues with serving websites?

    sd

    =?Utf-8?B?cmF6b3I=?=, Aug 21, 2007
  6. Shouldn't be. If you're configured to be large memory address aware, you'll
    actually get a real benefit, even with 32-bit programs, since they will now
    see a full 4GB of memory address space, without having to save some for the
    OS. This can often make a dramatic difference. (See the deployment scenarios
    whitepaper on the Microsoft Server 2k3 x64 site for an example.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 21, 2007