    knackerd to be to the point

    any help would be so great

    roger

    ROGER, Dec 5, 2003

  2. ROGER

    Rob K Guest

    "ROGER" wrote in <IX8Ab.596$>
    > Hi please can somebody help me please on this problem i have
    >
    > i have a laptop and its password set for bios and i dont know now what it is
    > as i have forgoten it is there a way of getting into the bios or am i
    > knackerd to be to the point
    >
    > any help would be so great
    >
    > roger

    Um, "Superman"....

    If this your real e-mail address ? Yes ? Congratulations, it will be
    harvested by spambots and loads of spam will be heading your way.

    Some more information would be nice. You did not assume that *all*
    laptops are exactly the same, did you ? And did it occur to you ....

    Never mind you're not going to read this anyway I think.
    <sigh>

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:

    Rob K, Dec 6, 2003

  3. ROGER

    ROGER Guest

    its a advent 6148

    ROGER, Dec 6, 2003
  4. ROGER

    Krhis Guest

    My friend had this problem once..... He got a branding iron, removed some
    thing off of his motherboard, then put it back. I'm guessing some type of
    battery. You could just remove every chip on the board, then melt it all
    back together until you get it (just don't mix things up :p).

    --
    There are 10 types of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who don't.

    Krhis, Dec 6, 2003
  5. ROGER

    Rob K Guest

    Il se trouve que "ROGER" a formulé :
    > its a advent 6148

    Never seen one of those around 'here on the mainland'...
    But that does not help you.

    Maybe this will:
    http://www.dewassoc.com/support/bios/bios_password.htm

    Will Google some more.

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:

    Rob K, Dec 6, 2003
  6. ROGER

    Bay0Wulf Guest

    Well, I don't know whether this will work for you or not. The only time I
    encountered this I removed the battery from the motheboard (in a regular PC
    it looks like a huge hearing aid battery) for a few minutes and it re-set
    the Bios

    - Bay0Wulf

    Bay0Wulf, Dec 6, 2003
  7. ROGER

    Professor Guest

    If there is a way to get into the computer case you could remove the bios
    battery for a few minutes adn that should clear the bios. Then put it back
    in and restart the computer. I don't know how it works on laptops but most
    desktops access the bios by hitting del on boot or if that doesn't work you
    could try f1 or f8. If you can get into the bios and you can find the
    password change it or delete it or if you can't find it see if there is a
    way to set the bios at factory defaults. You didn't mention what operating
    system you have but if it is XP there must be a way to do system restore on
    boot if none of these other things are possible.

    Professor, Dec 6, 2003
  8. ROGER

    Conor Guest

    In article <al9Ab.618$>,
    says...
    > its a advent 6148

    CMOS backup battery is under the CPU fan cover AFAIR. Remember to
    remove battery and mains adapter first. There is NO Clear CMOS jumper
    on this laptop.

    --
    Conor

    Hi. This is my friend, Jack Shit, and you don't know him.

    Conor, Dec 6, 2003
  9. ROGER

    Conor Guest

    In article <>,
    lid says...

    > Never seen one of those around 'here on the mainland'...

    You won't. Its a Dixons group brand sold in the UK. They're mainly re-
    badged Gericoms.

    Conor, Dec 6, 2003
  10. ROGER

    Rob K Guest

    "Conor" avait énoncé :

    >> Never seen one of those around 'here on the mainland'...

    > You won't. Its a Dixons group brand sold in the UK. They're mainly re-
    > badged Gericoms.

    Ah, OK. Thanks Conor.

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13: