Need Help Installing a DVDR Drive on A Sony Vaio 470DS PC

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Hunter, Oct 27, 2003.

  1. Hunter

    Hunter Guest

    Howdy,

    I am a installation novice and am having trouble
    installing a DVD drive on a Sony Vaio 470DS.

    I have removed the casing but there is metal shielding around drive
    bays that makes it impossible for me to get in there to remove the old
    CDRW install the DVDR Drive. I have looked for screws securing the
    protective sheilding and have noticed non-philips based screws, how
    in the world do I remove these screws so that I can get in there and
    install my DVDR drive?

    Has Sony made it impossible for end users to upgrade their boxes?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Hunter, Oct 27, 2003