Need help in watching Blu-Ray movies from computer to TV

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Film Buff, Mar 8, 2010.

  1. Film Buff

    Film Buff Guest

    Ok this is waht I have

    GeoForce 9600 GSO with a S-Video going to the TV

    LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray Drive

    Windows XP on an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.71GHz 3.50 GB Ram

    I can watch standard DVD's to the TV but when I try to watch a Blu-RaAy DVD I get an error

    that I cannot use the CLONE Mode or the Multiple Mode

    Also is the S-Video cable at fault for Not transmitting Blu-Ray

    I can watch the movies fine on my monitor but I would like to run these to the TV for my wife

    Any help would be appreciated

    Thanks
    Film Buff, Mar 8, 2010

  2. On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 19:14:19 -0600, Film Buff <> wrote:

    >Ok this is waht I have
    >
    >GeoForce 9600 GSO with a S-Video going to the TV
    >
    >LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray Drive
    >
    >Windows XP on an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.71GHz 3.50 GB Ram
    >
    > I can watch standard DVD's to the TV but when I try to watch a Blu-RaAy DVD I get an error
    >
    >that I cannot use the CLONE Mode or the Multiple Mode
    >
    >Also is the S-Video cable at fault for Not transmitting Blu-Ray
    >
    >I can watch the movies fine on my monitor but I would like to run these to the TV for my wife
    >
    >Any help would be appreciated
    >
    >Thanks

    You need a DVI to HDMI converter, either by means of the whole cable or
    by an end of cable converter. Philips made a good one at 12' the WalMart
    sold for $12! (I couldn't believe it). It is just like the DVI to VGA
    jobs, only to HDMI. Your display ALSO has to be an HDCP compliant
    monitor, and you should have the most recent Nvidia drivers in place, of
    course.

    S-video is not able to handle the modes required, and is not IP
    managed, so unless your player software can offer you a downres'd
    rendering (not likely), it will not work at all.
    MeowSayTongue, Mar 8, 2010

  3. Film Buff

    Film Buff Guest

    Thanks

    Much Appreciated

    Probably need to buy another video card

    Film Buff, Mar 8, 2010
  4. Film Buff

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, Film Buff <> wrote:
    >Thanks
    >
    >Much Appreciated
    >
    >Probably need to buy another video card

    That wont neccesarily fix it. If all you can input to your TV is S-Video,
    youll most likely never be able to do it. You need a HDMI input on your TV so
    that the DRM can handshake.

    GMAN, Mar 9, 2010
  5. NO!

    You will NEVER find ANY video card that will put out what you want over
    svideo. The card you have is fine for the job. The display is likely
    what you are being reluctant to upgrade.

    Sorry, but BluRay and svideo do not mix. S-Video does not do the high
    resolution modes.

    Even a PS/3 when hooked up via the S-video connector drops to a low
    resolution output.

    There probably is some s-video "solution" out there somewhere, but it
    will be degraded resolution, and the solution you were given is the right
    one. ESPECIALLY if you are really a film buff.

    There are 120Hz full 1080p res displays out there for half what I paid
    for mine. The advent of the LED backlighting has made all of the older
    models pretty cheap right now. Definitely the right time to buy.

    MeowSayTongue, Mar 10, 2010
  6. I do not know what the GSO tag means on the vid card, but yes, DRM is
    the reason why, and the display is likely the culprit.

    MeowSayTongue, Mar 10, 2010
  7. Film Buff

    Film Buff Guest

    Thanks everyone

    Found out my card does indeed have capability of HDMI output

    Now the only problem is running it permantely to the tv (SONY 55" whih does have HDMI input)

    Did a quick test before i permantely hook up the cable and I did get the desktop on the TV screen but no Cyberlink
    player or Movie

    Cyberlink tells me I cannot run in clone Mode and when i run in dual screen all i get is the desktop - no icons,
    startbar, or anything

    Need to investigate farther

    Thanks all

    Film Buff, Mar 12, 2010
  8. Try core media player

    http://www.tucows.com/preview/299014

    MeowSayTongue, Mar 12, 2010
  9. "Film Buff" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks everyone
    >
    > Found out my card does indeed have capability of HDMI output
    >
    > Now the only problem is running it permantely to the tv (SONY 55" whih
    > does have HDMI input)
    >
    > Did a quick test before i permantely hook up the cable and I did get the
    > desktop on the TV screen but no Cyberlink
    > player or Movie
    >
    > Cyberlink tells me I cannot run in clone Mode and when i run in dual
    > screen all i get is the desktop - no icons,
    > startbar, or anything
    >
    > Need to investigate farther
    >
    > Thanks all

    blank desktop is normal - you should be able to drag the player from the
    main one to the empty one.

    --
    Gareth.

    that fly...... is your magic wand....
    http://dsbdsb.mybrute.com
    you fight better when you have a bear!
    The dog from that film you saw, Mar 12, 2010
  10. On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:46:34 -0800, "" <CLicker>
    wrote:

    >I no longer use more than one display per system,

    Yeah, and you are a fucking ATI retard as well.

    You are the weakest dink...

    Goodbye.
    Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers, Mar 14, 2010
  11. Film Buff

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, Rael, if you know how to contact him. wrote:
    >On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:46:34 -0800, "" <CLicker>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I no longer use more than one display per system,

    > Yeah, and you are a fucking ATI retard as well.
    >
    > You are the weakest dink...
    >
    > Goodbye.

    Nvidia are retards now that they have completely disabled any support for
    full screen overlay on any OS past XP.

    AMD/ATI basically told microsoft to go screw themselves and support full
    screen mode to this day.
    GMAN, Mar 14, 2010
  12. On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 03:54:44 GMT, (GMAN)
    wrote:

    >In article <>, Rael, if you know how to contact him. wrote:
    >>On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:46:34 -0800, "" <CLicker>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>I no longer use more than one display per system,

    >> Yeah, and you are a fucking ATI retard as well.
    >>
    >> You are the weakest dink...
    >>
    >> Goodbye.

    >Nvidia are retards now that they have completely disabled any support for
    >full screen overlay on any OS past XP.
    >

    >AMD/ATI basically told microsoft to go screw themselves and support full
    >screen mode to this day.

    ATI is the lame bastard company that for years was reluctant to support
    the Linux group. They are about as retarded as it gets.
    Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers, Mar 15, 2010
  13. Film Buff

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, Rael, if you know how to contact him. wrote:
    >On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 03:54:44 GMT, (GMAN)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>, Rael, if you know how

    > to contact him. wrote:

    >>> Yeah, and you are a fucking ATI retard as well.
    >>>
    >>> You are the weakest dink...
    >>>
    >>> Goodbye.

    >>Nvidia are retards now that they have completely disabled any support for
    >>full screen overlay on any OS past XP.
    >>

    >>AMD/ATI basically told microsoft to go screw themselves and support full
    >>screen mode to this day.

    > ATI is the lame bastard company that for years was reluctant to support
    >the Linux group. They are about as retarded as it gets.

    LMAO, we miss you over in alt.digital.tv!!!!

    ATi/AMD are having Nvidia's lunch and dinner at the moment. Nvidia are a few
    years behind in developement as compared to ATI at the moment and Nvidia has
    even faked demoing new cards made out of old parts.
    GMAN, Mar 15, 2010
  14. On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 08:15:32 GMT, (GMAN)
    wrote:

    >In article <>, Rael, if you know how to contact him. wrote:
    >>On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 03:54:44 GMT, (GMAN)
    >>wrote:

    >>>Nvidia are retards now that they have completely disabled any support for
    >>>full screen overlay on any OS past XP.
    >>>

    >>>AMD/ATI basically told microsoft to go screw themselves and support full
    >>>screen mode to this day.

    >> ATI is the lame bastard company that for years was reluctant to support
    >>the Linux group. They are about as retarded as it gets.

    >LMAO, we miss you over in alt.digital.tv!!!!

    I never subscribed to the group, and have never DLd a group of posts
    from there. The only posts you would see from me there are responses to
    Usenet retards that have to cross post their retard questions across
    several groups.

    >ATi/AMD are having Nvidia's lunch and dinner at the moment. Nvidia are a few
    >years behind in developement as compared to ATI at the moment and Nvidia has
    >even faked demoing new cards made out of old parts.

    You really do not know much about graphics engines as well, I see.
    Son of a Sea Cook, Mar 16, 2010
  15. Film Buff

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, Tally Ho! wrote:
    >On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 08:15:32 GMT, (GMAN)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>, Rael, if you know how

    > to contact him. wrote:

    > how

    >>> ATI is the lame bastard company that for years was reluctant to support
    >>>the Linux group. They are about as retarded as it gets.

    >>LMAO, we miss you over in alt.digital.tv!!!!

    > I never subscribed to the group, and have never DLd a group of posts
    >from there. The only posts you would see from me there are responses to
    >Usenet retards that have to cross post their retard questions across
    >several groups.
    >

    >>ATi/AMD are having Nvidia's lunch and dinner at the moment. Nvidia are a few
    >>years behind in developement as compared to ATI at the moment and Nvidia has
    >>even faked demoing new cards made out of old parts.

    > You really do not know much about graphics engines as well, I see.

    I know that Nvidia is damn near close to chapter 11 . And i know you are a
    cocksucker.
    GMAN, Mar 16, 2010
  16. On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 04:11:59 GMT, (GMAN)
    wrote:

    >In article <>, Tally Ho! wrote:
    >>On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 08:15:32 GMT, (GMAN)
    >>wrote:

    >> how

    >>>LMAO, we miss you over in alt.digital.tv!!!!

    >> I never subscribed to the group, and have never DLd a group of posts
    >>from there. The only posts you would see from me there are responses to
    >>Usenet retards that have to cross post their retard questions across
    >>several groups.
    >>

    >>>ATi/AMD are having Nvidia's lunch and dinner at the moment. Nvidia are a few
    >>>years behind in developement as compared to ATI at the moment and Nvidia has
    >>>even faked demoing new cards made out of old parts.

    >> You really do not know much about graphics engines as well, I see.

    >I know that Nvidia is damn near close to chapter 11 . And i know you are a
    >cocksucker.

    Awwww.... did the little pussy boy get miffed? Nice gay slur there,
    pussy boy. That makes your mental age roll in at about 13, on a good day.
    Son of a Sea Cook, Mar 16, 2010
  17. Film Buff

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, Tally Ho! wrote:
    >On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 04:11:59 GMT, (GMAN)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>, Tally Ho! wrote:

    > how

    >>> how

    >>> I never subscribed to the group, and have never DLd a group of posts
    >>>from there. The only posts you would see from me there are responses to
    >>>Usenet retards that have to cross post their retard questions across
    >>>several groups.

    > few

    >>> You really do not know much about graphics engines as well, I see.

    >>I know that Nvidia is damn near close to chapter 11 . And i know you are a
    >>cocksucker.

    > Awwww.... did the little pussy boy get miffed? Nice gay slur there,
    >pussy boy. That makes your mental age roll in at about 13, on a good day.

    I wasnt making a gay slur against nobody, I just was calling you out for
    wanting to rob my knob!!!!!!
    GMAN, Mar 16, 2010
  18. On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:41:02 GMT, (RMAN)
    wrote:

    >In article <>, Tally Ho! wrote:
    >>On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 04:11:59 GMT, (RMAN)
    >>wrote:

    >> how

    >> few

    >>>I know that Nvidia is damn near close to chapter 11 . And i know you are a
    >>>cocksucker.

    >> Awwww.... did the little pussy boy get miffed? Nice gay slur there,
    >>pussy boy. That makes your mental age roll in at about 13, on a good day.

    >I wasnt making a gay slur against nobody, I just was calling you out for
    >wanting to rob my knob!!!!!!

    You're a goddamned retard, RMAN. You are from now on to be known as
    RMAN, the retard by choice. You also have a serious problem quoting
    properly, dumbfuck.
    Son of a Sea Cook, Mar 17, 2010
  19. Film Buff

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, Tally Ho! wrote:
    >On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:41:02 GMT, (RMAN)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>, Tally Ho! wrote:

    >>> how

    > know

    > for

    >>> few

    > has

    >>> Awwww.... did the little pussy boy get miffed? Nice gay slur there,
    >>>pussy boy. That makes your mental age roll in at about 13, on a good day.

    >>I wasnt making a gay slur against nobody, I just was calling you out for
    >>wanting to rob my knob!!!!!!

    > You're a goddamned retard, RMAN. You are from now on to be known as
    >RMAN, the retard by choice. You also have a serious problem quoting
    >properly, dumbfuck.

    Why because i don't top post?

    I proved you wrong with the video card outputting sound thru the HDMI port.

    Gobble it !!!!!
    GMAN, Mar 17, 2010
  20. On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 03:28:54 GMT, (GMAN)
    wrote:

    >In article <>, Tally Ho! wrote:
    >>On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:41:02 GMT, (RMAN)
    >>wrote:

    >> know

    >> for

    >> has

    >>>I wasnt making a gay slur against nobody, I just was calling you out for
    >>>wanting to rob my knob!!!!!!

    >> You're a goddamned retard, RMAN. You are from now on to be known as
    >>RMAN, the retard by choice. You also have a serious problem quoting
    >>properly, dumbfuck.

    >Why because i don't top post?

    No, retard boy. LOOK at the top of your post. WHERE is the attribute
    where it says that I wrote what you are responding to? You are quoting
    ME, yet your posts says that it was YOU that "said such and such". If
    you were any more retarded, I'd swear that you were one of your mother's
    shitloads. Oh... that's right... You ARE one of your mother's loads of
    shit.

    YOU are a retard for editing your posts when news readers quote
    properly, so the idiot is YOU.

    >I proved you wrong with the video card outputting sound thru the HDMI port.

    The card HAS NO HDMI port, you fucking retard. I told the guy what he
    needed to know, you fucking ditz.

    >Gobble it !!!!!

    You are a total retard. You prove that a person can reach old age, and
    still have the mind of an adolescent twit.

    You do not have to gobble it... You ARE it, boy.
    Son of a Sea Cook, Mar 17, 2010