    Thank you,
    Regards,
    Manju
    Manjusha Chandrasekharan, Sep 9, 2004

  2. Manjusha Chandrasekharan

    Hermit Dave Guest

    Manju do yourself a favour and call up the nearest NIIT / Karrox education
    center.

    The following links might be helpful...

    Basic info on what MCP/MCAD/MCSD is
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/

    pointers to the right places...
    MCP.. you give one exam you become MCP
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcp/default.asp

    MCAD.. do 3 select MCP exmas and you become MCAD
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/default.asp

    MCSD.. do all the required MCPs for a particular stream and you become MCSD
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsd/default.asp

    For .NET certification(s) MCP/ MCAD/ MCSD:
    you have 55 questions
    passing score is 700 of 1000
    its a 2 hour exam (plus 15 mins for tutorial + 15 for comments)
    it costs 103.something GBP in uk...
    you can find out the cost for your country at
    www.2test.com

    Also... you can take the exam in any order.. start with elective or a core
    MCP.
    the only requirement is that you do the least number of MCPs required for
    your cert

    If you program in C#.. get Amit Kalani's stuff... its not too bad... infact
    i am doing my 70-320 with this book and it all looks good so far.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...kalani/ref=xs_ap_sai1_xgl/026-0445228-0087606

    if you want MS training material...
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/Books/default.asp

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)
    "Manjusha Chandrasekharan" <> wrote in
    message news:900101c49691$588a00c0$...
    Hermit Dave, Sep 9, 2004

  3. Dude,

    You're out of grade school ! So, don't expect to
    be "spoon fed" ! GROW UP !

    Manju's Brother, Sep 10, 2004
  4. Manjusha Chandrasekharan

    Brad Guest

    Does MS block access to its web site in India or something? How much
    stilted English has to pour through here making the same pathetic attempt to
    ask the same dumb questions?

    Brad, Sep 10, 2004
  5. Manjusha Chandrasekharan

    Schfooge Guest

    "Manju's Brother" <> wrote in message
    > Dude,
    >
    > You're out of grade school ! So, don't expect to
    > be "spoon fed" ! GROW UP !

    How do you know he's out of grade school? It sounds very much like he might
    still be there.
    Schfooge, Sep 10, 2004
  6. Manjusha Chandrasekharan

    Schfooge Guest

    "Brad" <> wrote in message
    > Does MS block access to its web site in India or something? How much
    > stilted English has to pour through here making the same pathetic attempt
    > ask the same dumb questions?
    >
    > "Manjusha Chandrasekharan" <> wrote in
    > message news:900101c49691$588a00c0$...
    >> Hi,
    >> I would like to apply for MCSD on .net.Please guide me
    >> how to proceed. Also guide me with complete details on
    >> the papers and syllabus.
    >> Thank you,
    >> Regards,
    >> Manju

    It's scary when you consider that much of the work being outsourced to India
    is going to be done by people who can't figure out the difference between
    Microsoft's email address and a newsgroup.
    Schfooge, Sep 10, 2004
  7. Manjusha Chandrasekharan

    Hermit Dave Guest

    Its scary indeed... but you have to understand the reasons behind it... its
    not a lame excuse but sort of a fact.... see i was born there and lived for
    about 24 years out there...

    Population: 1Billion+
    Percentage of Educated People: 10 - 15% (not just the basic literacy skills
    which is debated between 50 - 70%)
    Percentage of Peple working in IT 3%
    (quoting one of the CEOs of Indian IT Giant - China will install 13 million
    PCs, of which 8 or 9 million they will make themselves. We have just 3
    million PCs.)

    now every job market in india goes into phases... IT did great for a while
    and then it had the downturn (a small effect) but it ended up with more
    outsourced projects. hell lot of people in IT leave india and relocate
    somewhere else... so nowadays IT companies pay hell lot of money...

    so you end up with a situation where you potentially have hell lot of
    wannabes.... i dont know why this people some all the way here to post those
    messages cause india has hell lot of stupid computer education companies as
    well... and people should just go to one of them... but hey... 1 of 1
    Billion and its still not too bad... (even if its everyday)....

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 10, 2004
  8. Manjusha Chandrasekharan

    Brad Guest

    > It's scary when you consider that much of the work being outsourced to

    India
    > is going to be done by people who can't figure out the difference between
    > Microsoft's email address and a newsgroup.

    LOL. Well its funny, here in the States it has been my experience that your
    average Joe doesn't even have a clue what Usenet or newsgroups or a
    newsreader is. When they do encounter it they seem to think its the same
    thing as any old web forum. Tons of people are only able to access these
    boards through web interfaces like Google (mainly because they have no idea
    that their ISP provides them a news server). And then you have all these
    people popping up here who are so totally clueless, yet they managed to post
    their question on a newsgroup (I dunno', maybe they're using Google too).
    Brad, Sep 10, 2004
  9. Manjusha Chandrasekharan

    Hermit Dave Guest

    i will second that... i didn't know what the heck a newsgroup was... did a
    shit load of stuff... even having done a good couple certs i still had no
    clue.
    configuring stuff like outlook express i did see newsgroup account but didnt
    really care... it was all about need to know basis....

    plus most of the time msdn and google used to suffice (maybe that is why i
    dont post stupid questions like a lot of NG users in just about any NGs)
    I went authentic for the first time in my life and i got myself MSDN
    professional open license. it had something like 5 support calls and
    unlimited newsgroup support... so when i had a problem with cross server
    authentication using forms i thought i should see what NGs are all about..
    and it was then that i first configured NGs into my outlook express.. and
    used it so you can say just about an year in my case..

    And trust me i am not a bad programmer... i am not a modest one... and i
    know what i need to know... infact i know hell lot more.. but its just that
    i did not need to know and if i didnt care enough... you must have hell lot
    of people who care even less... not just in india but globally

    dont take it that i am sort of defensive here (me being a indian...) nah...
    most people out there called me a UBI... it stands for Unfortunately Born in
    India...

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 10, 2004
  10. Hey UBI (Unfortunately Born in India) "ass hole",

    Before you step on the soap box and start belittling your
    country of birth and residence for 24 yrs, you might like
    to punctuate your extremely long sentences so that
    they're atleast easy to read ! Or, is it that you don't
    care, because you're real busy in earning "IT"
    certifications with pirated software ! (Quote : "I went
    authentic for the first time in my life and i got myself
    MSDN professional open license")

    Just because you're in UK does not make you a smarty
    pants. Remember, whoever makes it big in India are the
    real fighters than cowards like you who whore their
    country to foreigners !

    Jai Hind !

    - Patriotic Indian.

    Patriotic Indian, Sep 11, 2004
  11. Manjusha Chandrasekharan

    Hermit Dave Guest

    listen mate.. i know you can't handle the truth... that is one of the things
    wrong with most indians...

    as i said... i was telling about my experience with newsgroups... i dont
    want to prove it but search up load NG posts from Dec 2003 / Early Jan 2004
    and you will find my post requesting info and you will see MS staff replying
    to that.. that my dear friend is because its a managed newsgroup and they
    are forced to responding to my query

    if you are a patriotic sod then i hope you are in the army instead of making
    it big.

    and lastly i studied in a REC and not in IIT so i had to work in india for a
    while..

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    PS: i would bet my life that the day you got a chance to go out of india...
    you wouldnt look bad... even if you had to kiss my a$$ or eat your own words

    Hermit Dave, Sep 11, 2004
  12. Manjusha Chandrasekharan

    Hermit Dave Guest

    And you forget one thing... i have no intention to belittle india... but a
    country is made by its people.

    since you are the patriotic "sod" around here... do me a favour and start
    answering all the morons who post here.. i will list some.. you will find
    them day in and day out in both here and mcad NG..

    Hermit Dave, Sep 11, 2004
  13. Manjusha Chandrasekharan

    Hermit Dave Guest

    i have to accept it.. its funny... i have put up a post for you and other
    @sshole's like you...

    http://hdave.blogspot.com

    (Quote: you're real busy in earning "IT" certifications with pirated
    software !)
    Atleast i have the guts to admit it - i did it on pirated software when i
    was in india... and do you want me to put a percentage on software piracy
    around the globe ?
    when i could afford to go legit i did so you can p^ss off now.

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 11, 2004
  14. wanker.

    On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 18:08:01 -0700, "Patriotic Indian"
    <> wrote:

    >Hey UBI (Unfortunately Born in India) "ass hole",
    >
    >Before you step on the soap box and start belittling your
    >country of birth and residence for 24 yrs, you might like
    >to punctuate your extremely long sentences so that
    >they're atleast easy to read ! Or, is it that you don't
    >care, because you're real busy in earning "IT"
    >certifications with pirated software ! (Quote : "I went
    >authentic for the first time in my life and i got myself
    >MSDN professional open license")
    >
    >Just because you're in UK does not make you a smarty
    >pants. Remember, whoever makes it big in India are the
    >real fighters than cowards like you who whore their
    >country to foreigners !
    >
    >Jai Hind !
    >
    >- Patriotic Indian.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 12, 2004
  15. Manjusha Chandrasekharan

    Hermit Dave Guest

    hahaha.... was starting to wonder whether you have suddenly disappeared

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 12, 2004
  16. >Remember, whoever makes it big in India are the
    >real fighters than cowards like you who whore their
    >country to foreigners !

    what an utter load of crap.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 12, 2004
  17. >now every job market in india goes into phases... IT did great for a while
    >and then it had the downturn (a small effect) but it ended up with more
    >outsourced projects. hell lot of people in IT leave india and relocate
    >somewhere else... so nowadays IT companies pay hell lot of money...

    what gets me is that people think outsourcing is some new trend, where
    as the truth is that outsourcing is fact of IT, always has been,
    always will be. Many companies see outsourcing as a way to reduce
    costs, this is no different to the 80's and early 90's, the only
    difference is that there are more companies which utilize IT than
    there were back then. In addition, many of the companies nowadays are
    completely and utterly useless at managing and implementing IT
    solutions, which is only reason why outsourcing 'seems' cheaper. In
    reality if companies employed experienced professionals (from the top
    down) and took a professional attitude to IT, outsourcing would be
    seen as an expensive, ineffective way to implement IT.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 12, 2004
  18. >LOL. Well its funny, here in the States it has been my experience that your
    >average Joe doesn't even have a clue what Usenet or newsgroups

    and if they did, they'd believe it was introduced by microsoft!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 12, 2004
  19. >hahaha.... was starting to wonder whether you have suddenly disappeared

    I'm really busy, not fair!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 12, 2004
  20. Manjusha Chandrasekharan

    Hermit Dave Guest

    well i agree its been since the very start... and its not just IT ....
    imagine developing a new integrated circuits fab lab... the costs and the
    profits and the breakevens cost most companies to ship the requirements to
    east... the problem is that IT made the world a very instant info world and
    anything that happens gets all magnified cause everyone has access to the
    information :)

    well get experienced professionals has an initial overhead.. and yes a good
    team can be a greater & more productive good for the company as such but now
    a days everything is determined by shareholder's benifit.. if they can
    manage couple of pennies bounce, then the board would be behind just about
    anything...

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave