Need help in configuring WRED using TOS/DiffServ

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by masterbit, Jun 3, 2005.

  1. masterbit

    masterbit Guest

    i´ve got a big problem in understanding the documentation related to
    WRED/RED-configuration on the CCO...

    The priorization of VoIP-traffic on the WAN-side is doing well with
    this configuration, but i´m trying to "tune" this basic configuration
    for better voice-quality.
    I need this feature for VoIP-Traffic-Priorization on the LAN-Interface,
    but don´t understand how to do it right, especially the options of the
    IOS-command "random-detect dscp-based" mentioned by cisco in the
    documents i read.

    To specify my needs:
    I want to prioritize traffic with the TOS/DiffServ value of 3, as this
    is the relevant traffic of the voice-components. Also i have to mention
    that i cannot alter this setting, so i have to work with it.
    The idea is to set this, as an important traffic, to a very high
    priorization level on the LAN-interface, so in no condition a voice
    packet will be dropped.

    Also i would thank you much if you could give me a short explanation/
    configuration example of doing this based on my begun configuration as
    seen below (see e0/0).

    Sorry for my perhaps "dumb" question, but i´m very new in configuring
    qos-networking, my main former experience was
    tokenring/DLSW/Bridging/SNA, and as a result of this, i hadn´t the
    need for qos since now...

    Thanks a lot in advance,

    If you could write it in german, it would help me a lot further, since
    its my motherlanguage ;-)

    xxxxxxx#sh ver
    IOS (tm) C2600 Software (C2600-I-M), Version 12.2(19), RELEASE SOFTWARE
    Compiled Tue 12-Aug-03 23:36 by kellmill
    Image text-base: 0x8000808C, data-base: 0x80A183F0

    ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 11.3(2)XA4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

    kaiserstrasse uptime is 1 year, 3 weeks, 6 days, 8 hours, 6 minutes
    System returned to ROM by reload
    System restarted at 05:58:31 METDST Sat May 8 2004
    System image file is "flash:c2600-i-mz.122-19.bin"

    cisco 2612 (MPC860) processor (revision 0x102) with 20480K/4096K bytes
    of memory
    Processor board ID JAB03490404 (2201902424)
    M860 processor: part number 0, mask 49
    Bridging software.
    X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.
    1 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
    1 Token Ring/IEEE 802.5 interface(s)
    1 Serial network interface(s)
    8192K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

    Configuration register is 0x2102

    xxxxxxx#sh conf
    Using 2739 out of 29688 bytes
    ! Last configuration change at 22:46:47 METDST Fri Jun 3 2005
    ! NVRAM config last updated at 22:46:48 METDST Fri Jun 3 2005
    version 12.2
    service timestamps debug datetime msec localtime
    service timestamps log datetime localtime
    service password-encryption
    hostname xxxxxxx
    logging buffered 4096 debugging
    enable secret xxxxxxx
    enable password xxxxxxx
    clock timezone MET 1
    clock summer-time METDST recurring last Sun Mar 2:00 last Sun Oct 3:00
    ip subnet-zero
    no ip domain-lookup
    class-map match-all VOICE-xxxxxxx
    match access-group name VOICE-xxxxxxx
    policy-map VOICE-xxxxxxx
    class VOICE-xxxxxxx
    priority 900
    interface Loopback1
    ip address
    interface Ethernet0/0
    description Lokales Ethernet
    ip address secondary
    ip address
    ip helper-address
    random-detect dscp-based
    interface Serial0/0
    description 2048k Verbindung -> Router xxxxxxx
    bandwidth 2048
    ip address
    service-policy output VOICE-xxxxxxx
    interface TokenRing0/0