Need help in configuring 2xASA 5510 Active/Passive failover

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mabooali, May 16, 2008.

1. mabooali

mabooali

Greetings,

I have been given the task to configure two Cisco ASA for Active/Passice failover, Statful.

I have done this with PIXs before with serial cable but these ASA each has 4 ethernet interfaces 0 3. two goes for inside and outside interfaces and two more for other reasons. they aslo have managemnet interfaces.

I don't have a switch for the LAN base failover and it seesm that I can connect these ASA using x-over cables and they do the work but I don't know how since I have not dealt with ASa before.

can someone please help me understand this and help me with configuration if possible?

I have public IP addresses on both Inside and OUrside interfaces and I also know that the failover IPs need to be from the same subnet as my Inside Interface (I guess!), so this won't be a problem but working out the IP scheme by itself is a challenge in this case?

Please advise.

Regards,

Masood

mabooali, May 16, 2008
    1. Advertising

2. mabooali

bloodpit

Massod, let me know if you get any feedback. I was given this project as well to be started sometime over the summer I believe. You are already a few steps ahead of me, I just started a new job and see the 2 ASA 5520's in a rack. Good luck.

bloodpit, May 21, 2008
    1. Advertising