Need help in configuring 2xASA 5510 Active/Passive failover

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mabooali, May 16, 2008.

  1. mabooali

    mabooali

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Greetings,

    I have been given the task to configure two Cisco ASA for Active/Passice failover, Statful.

    I have done this with PIXs before with serial cable but these ASA each has 4 ethernet interfaces 0 3. two goes for inside and outside interfaces and two more for other reasons. they aslo have managemnet interfaces.

    I don't have a switch for the LAN base failover and it seesm that I can connect these ASA using x-over cables and they do the work but I don't know how since I have not dealt with ASa before.

    can someone please help me understand this and help me with configuration if possible?

    I have public IP addresses on both Inside and OUrside interfaces and I also know that the failover IPs need to be from the same subnet as my Inside Interface (I guess!), so this won't be a problem but working out the IP scheme by itself is a challenge in this case?

    Please advise.

    Regards,

    Masood

    mabooali, May 16, 2008

  2. mabooali

    bloodpit

    Joined:
    May 21, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Massod, let me know if you get any feedback. I was given this project as well to be started sometime over the summer I believe. You are already a few steps ahead of me, I just started a new job and see the 2 ASA 5520's in a rack. Good luck.

    bloodpit, May 21, 2008