    Can you advise
    thanks
    Rene
    Rene, Jun 17, 2005

  2. Rene wrote:
    > Nikon D100
    > I NEED help
    > there is this dust particle that I cant get rid of.
    > Its not on the lens (I don't see it in the viewfinder and when I
    > change lenses its still there)
    > I cleaned the lenses and opened and clean the mirror with the blower
    > and a microfiber cloth - it still there
    > Can you advise
    > thanks
    > Rene

    OK, where exactly is the dust? Where do you see it?

    Sensor
    Mirror
    Lens
    Front Element
    Rear Element
    Interior
    Eye piece
    LCD Display
    Focusing Screen
    Other?

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit
    Joseph Meehan, Jun 17, 2005

  3. Rene

    Rene Guest

    When I take a picture its on the image on the same place.
    Not on the LCD, viewfinder, lens (because I changed lenses and it still
    there on the image)
    I cleaned the mirror.
    When I look through the eye piece - view finder its not there just on the
    image.

    Rene, Jun 17, 2005
  4. Rene

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Rene wrote:

    > Nikon D100
    > I NEED help
    > there is this dust particle that I cant get rid of.
    > Its not on the lens (I don't see it in the viewfinder and when I change
    > lenses its still there)
    > I cleaned the lenses and opened and clean the mirror with the blower and a
    > microfiber cloth - it still there

    It will probably be on the sensor.. Try take a shot of the sky
    at f/22 and see if the dust particle looks sharper.. If it does,
    then it is on the sensor.

    It's no big deal.. Just clean it off.. there are many ways
    to do this:

    http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/
    Jim Townsend, Jun 17, 2005
  5. On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 17:23:47 GMT, "Rene" <> wrote:

    >Nikon D100
    >I NEED help
    >there is this dust particle that I cant get rid of.
    >Its not on the lens (I don't see it in the viewfinder and when I change
    >lenses its still there)
    >I cleaned the lenses and opened and clean the mirror with the blower and a
    >microfiber cloth - it still there
    >Can you advise
    >thanks
    >Rene

    Clean the sensor:

    http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/ccd_cleaning

    -James Nachtwey-
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/
    John A. Stovall, Jun 17, 2005
  6. Rene

    AugieG Guest

    Rene wrote:
    > Nikon D100
    > I NEED help
    > there is this dust particle that I cant get rid of.
    > Its not on the lens (I don't see it in the viewfinder and when I change
    > lenses its still there)
    > I cleaned the lenses and opened and clean the mirror with the blower and a
    > microfiber cloth - it still there
    > Can you advise
    > thanks
    > Rene

    Pick up a brush and clean that sucker off your sensor. VisibleDust has
    them for about a mortgage payment, or you can pick up a pair of them on
    eBay for 12 bucks (ebay search on 'sensor brush).

    Augie
    AugieG, Jun 18, 2005
  7. Joseph Meehan wrote:
    > Rene wrote:
    >> Nikon D100
    >> I NEED help
    >> there is this dust particle that I cant get rid of.
    >> Its not on the lens (I don't see it in the viewfinder and when I
    >> change lenses its still there)
    >> I cleaned the lenses and opened and clean the mirror with the blower
    >> and a microfiber cloth - it still there
    >> Can you advise
    >> thanks
    >> Rene

    > OK, where exactly is the dust? Where do you see it?
    >
    > Sensor
    > Mirror
    > Lens
    > Front Element
    > Rear Element
    > Interior
    > Eye piece
    > LCD Display
    > Focusing Screen
    > Other?

    Maybe this might be an easier question. Do you see it through the
    viewfinder or do you see it on the resulting images?

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit
    Joseph Meehan, Jun 18, 2005