Need Help - Ignorant About FIF Fractal Files

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Don Kirkman, Jun 28, 2008.

  1. Don Kirkman

    Don Kirkman Guest

    I'm trying a parlay between the photo experts and the freeware mavens.

    Recently I've received batches of FIF image files from two sources. I have no
    idea what I can do with them; none of my image viewers seem able to handle them,
    including Fast Stone Viewer, IrfanView, and ACDSee.

    I don't know enough about the files to even guess what I may need in the future
    if I want to do more than just view them, but the first step is obviously to
    find a way to see what's in them. I run WinXP SP3; a fairly diligent search of
    Google didn't turn up any clues for Windows, though I did find a few for Linux.

    Would some kind soul point me to an application or a Windows solution that will
    let me open those files, and preferably at little or no cost since this may turn
    out to be a one-time need?

    All suggestions welcomed. TIA.
    --
    Don Kirkman

    Don Kirkman, Jun 28, 2008

  2. Don Kirkman

    Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:23:01 -0700, in rec.photo.digital Don Kirkman
    <> wrote:

    >find a way to see what's in them. I run WinXP SP3; a fairly diligent search of
    >Google didn't turn up any clues for Windows, though I did find a few for Linux.

    Fractal*.FIF (Iterated Systems Fractal) The Fractal Image Format is a
    resolution independant format defined by Iterative Systems.

    From the first hit of my google search.

    , Jun 28, 2008

  3. On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:23:01 -0700, Don Kirkman <>

    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Viewers/EyeBrow.shtml

    dewey edwards, Jun 28, 2008
  4. Don Kirkman

    Don Kirkman Guest

    It seems to me I heard somewhere that Don Kirkman wrote in article
    <>:

    >I'm trying a parlay between the photo experts and the freeware mavens.

    >Recently I've received batches of FIF image files from two sources. I have no
    >idea what I can do with them; none of my image viewers seem able to handle them,
    >including Fast Stone Viewer, IrfanView, and ACDSee.

    >I don't know enough about the files to even guess what I may need in the future
    >if I want to do more than just view them, but the first step is obviously to
    >find a way to see what's in them. I run WinXP SP3; a fairly diligent search of
    >Google didn't turn up any clues for Windows, though I did find a few for Linux.

    >Would some kind soul point me to an application or a Windows solution that will
    >let me open those files, and preferably at little or no cost since this may turn
    >out to be a one-time need?

    Suggestions from Dewey Edwards and Jon in alt.comp.freeware look good; I've
    downloaded both apps [EyeBrow 1.0.1 and Image Eye 7.3] and will start testing
    tomorrow. Many thanks.
    --
    Don Kirkman

    Don Kirkman, Jun 28, 2008