    Antivirus but can't find it.

    Thanks in advance,

    Mike

    Mike, Aug 2, 2007

  2. Mike

    Leythos Guest

    In article <Szasi.9847$Kk4.3612@trndny09>, says...
    > How can I get rid of the Trojan or whatever that's infected this network?
    > I cannot remove the PCs from the network. Last week I had a copy of Norton
    > Antivirus but can't find it.

    Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
    of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
    or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
    direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
    place to download their application.

    No person of sound mind would download files from a hack site that
    requires a password to access the unknown files when they are available
    directly from the vendors.

    Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

    The following links will take you to vendors sites for Spy Ware / Ad
    ware removal tools and also for Antivirus tools. After you install any
    of these applications and update them, run them in SAFE MODE to allow
    them to properly clean your system.

    First, make sure that your Java is updated to the latest version:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

    These sites are for downloading Anti-Malware and Anti-Spyware tools, in
    order that I would use them myself:

    Dave Lipman's tools:
    Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --
    http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

    --
    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    Fight exposing kids to porn, complain about sites like PCBUTTS1.COM that
    create filth and put it on the web for any kid to see: Just take a look
    at some of the FILTH he's created and put on his website:
    http://forums.speedguide.net/archive/index.php/t-223485.html all exposed
    'exposed to kids'.

    Leythos, Aug 2, 2007

  3. Mike wrote:
    > Hi, we have a large site license forMcafee Enterprise AVsoftware. One of
    > our installations is a special use P2P network without Internet access that
    > is made up of eight different PCs , Server 2003, several XP Pro and Win200
    > Pro Mcafee 7.81 Enterprise is installed on all the PCs. Lately, I'm
    > unable to upgrade the DAT files on this network also when I try to enable
    > the virus console it'll fall back to disabled. =
    > The other day two different PCs displayed the same alert message - remove
    > infected floppy disk from drive (there is no floppy disk in drive a;)

    Did it not give any additional info? Such as, what virus it has detected?

    > How can I get rid of the Trojan or whatever that's infected this network?
    > I cannot remove the PCs from the network. Last week I had a copy of Norton
    > Antivirus but can't find it.

    A blessing in disguise. Download Avast and run it. Better yet, download
    Kaspersky and run it. I'd take the machines off of the network (yes, I
    saw where you said you can't, don't be silly) while disinfecting.
    Otherwise they'll just get reinfected.

    Avast:

    Kaspersky:
    http://www.kaspersky.com/downloads

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 2, 2007
  4. Mike

    Mike Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message

    > Did it not give any additional info? Such as, what virus it has detected?

    No, the virsus software will not run nor will the DAT files update.

    >> How can I get rid of the Trojan or whatever that's infected this network?
    >> I cannot remove the PCs from the network. Last week I had a copy of
    >> Norton Antivirus but can't find it.

    > A blessing in disguise. Download Avast and run it. Better yet, download
    > Kaspersky and run it. I'd take the machines off of the network (yes, I saw
    > where you said you can't, don't be silly) while disinfecting. Otherwise
    > they'll just get reinfected.

    I d/l a trial copy of Kaspersky v7.x trial but don't see where I can d/l
    DAT updates for v7x I do see where to d/l DAT files for v5 & v6.

    Mike, Aug 2, 2007
  5. Mike

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message

    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >

    >> Did it not give any additional info? Such as, what virus it has detected?

    > No, the virsus software will not run nor will the DAT files update.
    >
    >>> How can I get rid of the Trojan or whatever that's infected this
    >>> network? I cannot remove the PCs from the network. Last week I had a
    >>> copy of Norton Antivirus but can't find it.

    >> A blessing in disguise. Download Avast and run it. Better yet, download
    >> Kaspersky and run it. I'd take the machines off of the network (yes, I
    >> saw where you said you can't, don't be silly) while disinfecting.
    >> Otherwise they'll just get reinfected.

    > I d/l a trial copy of Kaspersky v7.x trial but don't see where I can d/l
    > DAT updates for v7x I do see where to d/l DAT files for v5 & v6.

    Maybe, you should post to alt.comp.anti-virus to get help.

    Mr. Arnold, Aug 2, 2007
  6. Mike

    pcbutts1 Guest

    He did but did not follow the advice given which is why I did not answer
    him.

    pcbutts1, Aug 2, 2007
  7. Mike

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    > He did but did not follow the advice given which is why I did not answer
    > him.

    You know, I was going to say maybe pcbutts will see this post in this NG and
    maybe you could help him.

    But since anyone that mentions you seems get hammered for no reason, I
    thought better of it. Maybe, the next time, I'll just ignore the potential
    harassment. :)

    Mr. Arnold, Aug 2, 2007
  8. Mike aka on 8/1/2007 at 9:37:54 PM in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk<Szasi.9847$Kk4.3612@trndny09> after much
    thought,came up with this jewel:

    > Hi, we have a large site license forMcafee Enterprise AVsoftware.
    > One of our installations is a special use P2P network without
    > Internet access that is made up of eight different PCs , Server 2003,
    > several XP Pro and Win200 Pro Mcafee 7.81 Enterprise is installed on
    > all the PCs. Lately, I'm unable to upgrade the DAT files on this
    > network also when I try to enable the virus console it'll fall back
    > to disabled. = The other day two different PCs displayed the same
    > alert message - remove infected floppy disk from drive (there is no
    > floppy disk in drive a;)
    >
    > How can I get rid of the Trojan or whatever that's infected this
    > network? I cannot remove the PCs from the network. Last week I had
    > a copy of Norton Antivirus but can't find it.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Mike

    I think that your licence includes support. Have you contacted them?

    max
    --
    Virus Removal http://www.freespaces.com/maxwachtel/removal.html
    Keep Clean http://www.freespaces.com/maxwachtel/keepingclean.html

    Maximus the Mad, Aug 2, 2007
  9. "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote

    > "pcbutts1" wrote...
    >> He did but did not follow the advice given which is why I did not
    >> answer him.

    > You know, I was going to say maybe pcbutts will see this post in this
    > NG and maybe you could help him.
    >
    > But since anyone that mentions you seems get hammered for no reason, I
    > thought better of it. Maybe, the next time, I'll just ignore the
    > potential harassment. :)

    PCButts help is sound. I've been reading this group for 9 someodd years,
    along with PCButts.

    Hey PC!

    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 2, 2007
  10. Mike

    ded Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, we have a large site license forMcafee Enterprise AVsoftware. One of
    > our installations is a special use P2P network without Internet access
    > that is made up of eight different PCs , Server 2003, several XP Pro and
    > Win200 Pro Mcafee 7.81 Enterprise is installed on all the PCs. Lately,
    > I'm
    > unable to upgrade the DAT files on this network also when I try to enable
    > the virus console it'll fall back to disabled. =
    > The other day two different PCs displayed the same alert message - remove
    > infected floppy disk from drive (there is no floppy disk in drive a;)
    >
    > How can I get rid of the Trojan or whatever that's infected this network?
    > I cannot remove the PCs from the network. Last week I had a copy of
    > Norton Antivirus but can't find it.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Mike

    This part:
    "The other day two different PCs displayed the same alert message - remove
    infected floppy disk from drive (there is no floppy disk in drive a;)"

    On the two PC's concerned, exactly what application displayed the message?
    And what was the exact wording of the error message including any code?

    McAfee reported an issue today with an update that may cause problems or
    false reports:
    http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/?siteID=1
    Allow the site to fully load, then an overlaid "Announcement" will appear,
    click the "More" button.

    ded, Aug 2, 2007
  11. Mike

    Leythos Guest

    In article <Xns997FEE385DD2roseeneener@216.196.97.140>, !!
    GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com says...
    > "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote
    >
    > > "pcbutts1" wrote...
    > >> He did but did not follow the advice given which is why I did not
    > >> answer him.

    > > You know, I was going to say maybe pcbutts will see this post in this
    > > NG and maybe you could help him.
    > >
    > > But since anyone that mentions you seems get hammered for no reason, I
    > > thought better of it. Maybe, the next time, I'll just ignore the
    > > potential harassment. :)

    > PCButts help is sound. I've been reading this group for 9 someodd years,
    > along with PCButts.

    And you support his exposing the public, which includes Children, to the
    filthy porn on his website and the links he posts to it in Usenet?

    Leythos, Aug 2, 2007
  12. Leythos <> wrote

    > In article, Rosee wrote...

    >> "Mr. Arnold" wrote:

    >> > "pcbutts1" wrote...

    >> > You know, I was going to say maybe pcbutts will see this post in
    >> > this NG and maybe you could help him.
    >> >
    >> > But since anyone that mentions you seems get hammered for no
    >> > reason, I thought better of it. Maybe, the next time, I'll just
    >> > ignore the potential harassment. :)

    >> PCButts help is sound. I've been reading this group for 9 someodd
    >> years, along with PCButts.

    > And you support his exposing the public, which includes Children, to
    > the filthy porn on his website and the links he posts to it in Usenet?

    No, I don't support some porn, <I like to look at a nekkid man every now &
    then> however I do support his right to insult, if he feels like it & a
    big laugh. If the parents of those so-called children permit their
    children to converse on the internet without so-called parents overseeing
    them, it is the parents fault....not PCButts nor the children. The
    parents should be supervising their children instead of using the computer
    as a babysitter.

    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 2, 2007
  13. @}-}-------Rosee wrote:

    > No, I don't support some porn, <I like to look at a nekkid man every now &
    > then> however I do support his right to insult, if he feels like it & a
    > big laugh. If the parents of those so-called children permit their
    > children to converse on the internet without so-called parents overseeing
    > them, it is the parents fault....not PCButts nor the children. The
    > parents should be supervising their children instead of using the computer
    > as a babysitter.

    Good going Rosee, I'm in favor of nekkid m... err, did you say "man"?
    Anyways, Leythos is a proud sponsor of censoring the internet, something
    I am strongly opposed to. He has no more right to tell me what I can
    read and see on the net than any other tight-rectum little
    bible-thumper. One of the many mixed blessings of the information age is
    that we are now empowered to a larger extent than ever before to decide
    what we are exposed to. And by extension, what our kids are exposed to
    as well.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 2, 2007
  14. Rôgêr <> wrote

    > @}-}-------Rosee wrote:
    >> No, I don't support some porn, <I like to look at a nekkid man every
    >> now & then> however I do support his right to insult, if he feels
    >> like it & a big laugh. If the parents of those so-called children
    >> permit their children to converse on the internet without so-called
    >> parents overseeing them, it is the parents fault....not PCButts nor
    >> the children. The parents should be supervising their children
    >> instead of using the computer as a babysitter.

    > Good going Rosee, I'm in favor of nekkid m... err, did you say "man"?
    > Anyways, Leythos is a proud sponsor of censoring the internet,
    > something I am strongly opposed to. He has no more right to tell me
    > what I can read and see on the net than any other tight-rectum little
    > bible-thumper. One of the many mixed blessings of the information age
    > is that we are now empowered to a larger extent than ever before to
    > decide what we are exposed to. And by extension, what our kids are
    > exposed to as well.

    For you, Roger, I hope it would WOman.....;oþ, but for you gay folks,
    that does not bother me. I can't fault anyone for wanting a "dick",
    just like myself. Yeah, I know.....;o/

    What can I say? I am VERY opposed to someone censoring me. I believe
    in God. I wouldn't say I was a Bible thumper, but I do try to treat
    everyone with respect, as far as their respect for me is, at least,
    somewhat equal.

    God gave me the right to choose & the common sense, <well, most of the
    time> to see for myself what I like & dislike. I also believe God has
    a sense of humor<why else would he create a Blue-footed Booby?> I
    come from a Baptist background, but I believe in re-incarnation, & no
    Baptist from my hometown, believes in re-incarnation. I also believe
    that 5,000 years I was created when I was given the gift of choice as
    to being an animal with no choice as whether to breed, or being an
    animal that does have a choice & can be a little more discreet & picky.

    I just wish in my species the male can carry the baby/babies & nurture
    offspring as with SeaHorses....dammit!

    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 2, 2007
  15. @}-}-------Rosee wrote:

    > For you, Roger, I hope it would WOman.....;oþ, but for you gay folks,
    > that does not bother me. I can't fault anyone for wanting a "dick",
    > just like myself. Yeah, I know.....;o/

    I can be in AL in 6 hours.

    <snip>

    > I just wish in my species the male can carry the baby/babies & nurture
    > offspring as with SeaHorses....dammit!

    Maybe not exactly like the seahorse, but I sure carried and nurtured my
    daughter a lot. She's a great kid and I'm proud of her. And I wouldn't
    want Leythos helping to decide what she's exposed to.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 2, 2007
  16. Rôgêr <> wrote

    > @}-}-------Rosee wrote:
    >> For you, Roger, I hope it would WOman.....;oþ, but for you gay folks,
    >> that does not bother me. I can't fault anyone for wanting a "dick",
    >> just like myself. Yeah, I know.....;o/

    > I can be in AL in 6 hours.

    <guffaw>

    Well you aren't shy are ya?

    > <snip>

    >> I just wish in my species the male can carry the baby/babies & nurture
    >> offspring as with SeaHorses....dammit!

    > Maybe not exactly like the seahorse, but I sure carried and nurtured my
    > daughter a lot. She's a great kid and I'm proud of her. And I wouldn't
    > want Leythos helping to decide what she's exposed to.

    I agree with that sentence in this post!!!!!!

    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 2, 2007
  17. Mike

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Hi Rosee!

    pcbutts1, Aug 3, 2007
  18. Did you recuperate well after your harrowing odeal in the van?

    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 3, 2007