    them. I can't even find them on the intel download site. Can anyone be
    kind enough to tell me where I can find them? Thanks and bye.
    , May 24, 2009

  2. MJP Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all. I bought a computer and installed Windows XP on it,but there
    > are some drivers missing. These are the multimedia audio controller
    > and the video controller. The names of these drivers are: Intel
    > 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller PCI
    > Intel Extreme Graphics 2 Video
    > Adapter
    > Intel Extreme Graphics 2 3D
    > Accelerator.
    > I have spent a lot of time looking for these drivers but can't find
    > them. I can't even find them on the intel download site. Can anyone be
    > kind enough to tell me where I can find them? Thanks and bye.

    Look on the motherboard manufacturers website. Being integrated components
    the MB manufacturer should have either custom drivers or generic drivers
    avaiable. Look for the chipset drivers and then addtional video and audio
    drivers.

    MJP
    MJP, May 24, 2009

  3. Buffalo Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi all. I bought a computer and installed Windows XP on it,but there
    > are some drivers missing. These are the multimedia audio controller
    > and the video controller. The names of these drivers are: Intel
    > 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller PCI
    > Intel Extreme Graphics 2 Video
    > Adapter
    > Intel Extreme Graphics 2 3D
    > Accelerator.
    > I have spent a lot of time looking for these drivers but can't find
    > them. I can't even find them on the intel download site. Can anyone be
    > kind enough to tell me where I can find them? Thanks and bye.

    I would try the motherboard mgf's site first, just in case they have special
    drivers.

    Check this link for a discussion on your or similar audio drivers:
    http://www.compatdb.org/support/topics/178549_via_ac_97_audio_controller.html
    Check here for possible audio drivers:
    http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=1&CatID=1010&SubCatID=105

    PS: I wouldn't try any of the 'free' scans the site offers, though.

    For video drivers try:
    http://pixel01.cps.intel.com/products/chipsets/eg2/index.htm

    Just put Intel Extreme Graphics 2 Video drivers in the search box in
    Google.
    Just put AC'97 Audio Controller PCI drivers in the search box in
    Google
    Buffalo, May 24, 2009
  4. Buffalo Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi all. I bought a computer and installed Windows XP on it,but there
    > are some drivers missing. These are the multimedia audio controller
    > and the video controller. The names of these drivers are: Intel
    > 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller PCI
    > Intel Extreme Graphics 2 Video
    > Adapter
    > Intel Extreme Graphics 2 3D
    > Accelerator.
    > I have spent a lot of time looking for these drivers but can't find
    > them. I can't even find them on the intel download site. Can anyone be
    > kind enough to tell me where I can find them? Thanks and bye.

    Dl and install something like free Belarc Advisor or free Everest Home
    Edition to see what mother board you have. These programs are great for
    identifying different hardware and software.
    Buffalo
    Buffalo, May 24, 2009
  5. Guest

    On 24 May, 18:03, "Buffalo" <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi all. I bought a computer and installed Windows XP on it,but there
    > > are some drivers missing. These are the multimedia audio controller
    > > and the video controller. The names of these drivers are: Intel
    > > 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller PCI
    > >                                         Intel Extreme Graphics 2 Video
    > > Adapter
    > >                                         Intel Extreme Graphics 2 3D
    > > Accelerator.
    > > I have spent a lot of time looking for these drivers but can't find
    > > them. I can't even find them on the intel download site. Can anyone be
    > > kind enough to tell me where I can find them? Thanks and bye.

    > Dl and install something like free Belarc Advisor or free Everest Home
    > Edition to see what mother board you have. These programs are great for
    > identifying different hardware and software.
    > Buffalo

    Hi all. Thanks for the help so far. I downloaded a program called
    aida32 to help identify the name of the motherboard,but after scanning
    my computer it could not identify the manufacturer of the motherboard.
    but it just gave the motherboard id as:Field Value
    Motherboard ID 63-5000-001169-00101111-040201-I865G$1I865XXX_A6765IMS
    V5.0 102903
    Anyone help me by telling me what I do now? Thanks.
    , May 24, 2009
  6. Buffalo Guest

    wrote:
    > On 24 May, 18:03, "Buffalo" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Dl and install something like free Belarc Advisor or free Everest
    >> Home Edition to see what mother board you have. These programs are
    >> great for identifying different hardware and software.
    >> Buffalo

    > Hi all. Thanks for the help so far. I downloaded a program called
    > aida32 to help identify the name of the motherboard,but after scanning
    > my computer it could not identify the manufacturer of the motherboard.
    > but it just gave the motherboard id as:Field Value
    > Motherboard ID 63-5000-001169-00101111-040201-I865G$1I865XXX_A6765IMS
    > V5.0 102903
    > Anyone help me by telling me what I do now? Thanks.

    Try one of the programs I suggested.

    AND/OR

    Try here: http://www.motherboards.org/tools/moboidtools.html

    Or take the cover off and look at the motherboard itself for a sticker that
    identifies it if you feel comfortable doing so.
    If it is a Dell, Gateway, or another popular brand, you should be able to
    use the computer model number and name to find out what mb it is.
    Buffalo, May 24, 2009