    background for a JPG image to use on a webpage. Is there a way to do
    it with this program...details please.
    Thank you.

    Somebody, May 21, 2004

  2. Somebody

    Hamman Guest

    "Somebody" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have Ulead's Photoimpact ver 4.0 and need to create a transparent
    > background for a JPG image to use on a webpage. Is there a way to do
    > it with this program...details please.
    > Thank you.

    Jpeg doesnt allow for transprency, use a websnap gif codec or a PNG file.

    hamman

    Hamman, May 21, 2004

  3. Somebody

    Somebody Guest

    If I re-scan the image and save it as a GIF, how do I use Photo Impact
    to make the transparency?

    thanks

    Somebody, May 21, 2004
  4. Somebody

    John Guest

    In article <>, Somebody
    <> wrote:

    > I have Ulead's Photoimpact ver 4.0 and need to create a transparent
    > background for a JPG image to use on a webpage. Is there a way to do
    > it with this program...details please.

    You don't have to re-scan.
    Just use Save As in any program to make it a GIF file, then you can
    open and edit the GIF and remove what you want to be transparent.

    John, May 22, 2004
  5. Somebody

    Boomer Guest

    Somebody <> wrote:

    > If I re-scan the image and save it as a GIF, how do I use Photo
    > Impact to make the transparency?
    >
    > thanks

    You might try one of the PhotoImpact communities:
    http://www.ulead.com/pi/communities.htm

    HTH

    Boomer, May 22, 2004
  6. Somebody

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Fri, 21 May 2004 22:38:36 GMT, Somebody <>
    scribbled:

    >If I re-scan the image and save it as a GIF, how do I use Photo Impact
    >to make the transparency?

    Tried the help file?

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, May 22, 2004
  7. John wrote:

    > In article <>, Somebody
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have Ulead's Photoimpact ver 4.0 and need to create a transparent
    >> background for a JPG image to use on a webpage. Is there a way to do
    >> it with this program...details please.

    > You don't have to re-scan.
    > Just use Save As in any program to make it a GIF file, then you can
    > open and edit the GIF and remove what you want to be transparent.

    Along those lines (sorry, lost the OP), it's easiest to mask out what you
    don't want, flip the mask to give you what you do want, then paste just
    that into a new image, saving it as a .gif--that will produce a transparent
    background.
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, May 22, 2004
  8. Somebody

    Somebody Guest

    Yes, I tried the help file which no help at all.

    Somebody, May 22, 2004
  9. Hamman wrote:

    > "Somebody" <> wrote in message

    >> I have Ulead's Photoimpact ver 4.0 and need to create a transparent
    >> background for a JPG image to use on a webpage. Is there a way to do
    >> it with this program...details please. Thank you.

    > Jpeg doesnt allow for transprency, use a websnap gif codec or a PNG
    > file.

    Of the two, it's probably best to use a gif for a website image, because
    the vile IE can't handle alpha channel transparency in a png, and if one
    doesn't even know how to *make* a transparent background, one might end
    up using that method with the png.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary