    I know there is some way to see what is running in the background.
    How do I do it?

    Thanks so much!

    mary wei, Aug 20, 2004

  2. mary wei

    samuel Guest

    mary wei <> wrote in
    news:p:

    > Hello Everybody,
    >
    > I'm running Windows ME. My cursor keeps changing to an hour glass
    > from an I bar when I'm not doing anything. I'm concerned about
    > spyware. I have Spybot Search & Destroy and Spyware Blaster.
    >
    > As I type this, if I move the cursor over the desktop, toolbar or
    > the system tray, it turns to an hour glass. This just started the
    > past couple of days. I've got Norton Antivirus, but it usually
    > pops up to tell me that it is running.
    >
    > I know there is some way to see what is running in the background.
    > How do I do it?
    >
    > Thanks so much!

    hit the keys ctrl and alt and delete
    that'll tell u whats running

    samuel, Aug 20, 2004

  3. mary wei

    Duane Arnold Guest

    mary wei <> wrote in

    > Hello Everybody,
    >
    > I'm running Windows ME. My cursor keeps changing to an hour glass from
    > an I bar when I'm not doing anything. I'm concerned about spyware. I
    > have Spybot Search & Destroy and Spyware Blaster.
    >
    > As I type this, if I move the cursor over the desktop, toolbar or the
    > system tray, it turns to an hour glass. This just started the past
    > couple of days. I've got Norton Antivirus, but it usually pops up to
    > tell me that it is running.
    >
    > I know there is some way to see what is running in the background.
    > How do I do it?
    >
    > Thanks so much!

    If you want to really see what's running, then you should use Process
    Explorer (free). Not only will PE show you what processes are running,
    you can also look inside the running process to see what is using the
    process. Those are the hidden processes that are using a process while
    the process is running. Because you see, it may not be the process that
    you're looking at this is the culprit, it maybe a hidden process within
    the process that is the one doing the deed.

    http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/Hidden_Backdoors_Trojan_Horses_and
    _Rootkit_Tools_in_a_Windows_Environment.html

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 20, 2004
  4. If you check task manager you can see what applications and processes are
    running.
    Push ctrl, alt and delet at same time to bring it up.

    Solar Nowhere, Aug 20, 2004