    I will be using this unit to host web services.

    Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

    Thanks-Rob

    Robert Le Feve, Nov 19, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    Robert Le Feve <> wrote:
    :I am looking for a cisco solution that will act as a T1 router with a
    :CSU/DSU and do 10/100 for networked computers. I would like to be able to
    :add an additional T1 as needed without having to replace the unit.
    :I will be using this unit to host web services.

    What is the maximum number of T1's that you will need?

    Are you looking for channelized or unchannelized T1 ?

    If you are looking for channelized, then the minimum device looks
    like a 2610 with an NM-2CT1 2-port channelized T1 module.
    It looks to me, though, as if the 2610 isn't really suitable for
    handling multiple T1's; the series intended to handle multiple T1's
    is the 36x0 series.

    I suggest you look through
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/rt/ps4866/prodlit/17mar_bc.pdf

    --
    Rump-Titty-Titty-Tum-TAH-Tee -- Fritz Lieber

    Walter Roberson, Nov 19, 2003

  3. Robert Le Feve

    Eric Guest

    On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:59:38 -0500, "Robert Le Feve"
    <> wrote:

    >I am looking for a cisco solution that will act as a T1 router with a
    >CSU/DSU and do 10/100 for networked computers. I would like to be able to
    >add an additional T1 as needed without having to replace the unit.
    >I will be using this unit to host web services.
    >
    >Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

    A 2620 is a nice unit, even though it is somewhat obsolete. It can
    have up to 4 WICs, each could be WIC-2T for 8 T1s total capacity, or
    just 4 T1s if using WIC-1DSUs (integrated CSU/DSU).

    Get a 2621 if you think you may want more than one Ethernet interface.
    Of course, with VLAN tagging on sub-interfaces connected to a VLAN
    switch, you can get the logical equivalent of several ethernet
    connections even on the 2620.

    The only limitation I'm aware of is that a 2620 cannot have more than
    64kB of dram. This seems to be an issue for "core" routers trying to
    hold a complete BGP routing table, which is not your case. The newer
    2660XM models have more memory capacity.

    - Eric

    Eric, Nov 19, 2003
  4. In article <bpejqf$sdt$>,
    Walter Roberson <-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote:
    :If you are looking for channelized, then the minimum device looks
    :like a 2610 with an NM-2CT1 2-port channelized T1 module.
    :It looks to me, though, as if the 2610 isn't really suitable for
    :handling multiple T1's; the series intended to handle multiple T1's
    :is the 36x0 series.

    Ah, looking further, you could also theoretically use
    the WIC-2T in devices from the 1721 on up.

    The 1721 is rated to 12000 64 byte packets per second. That's the
    equivilent of 8.064 Mbit/s, I calculate, which should be more than
    enough for 2 T1's -- but not enough if you are trying to route
    a 10 Mbps ethernet through it as well.

    Walter Roberson, Nov 19, 2003