    Northwest, Alienware, ABS, Voodoo etc.

    I'm looking for info and doing some research to possibly replace 2 of our
    current pcs with new ones.

    heavenbound, Sep 24, 2004

  2. heavenbound

    HF Guest

    Try your search button ??
    "heavenbound" <> wrote in message
    news:20040923203843.191$...
    > Where online is a good pc review site? A site that reviews all models, not
    > just like the best 3 from midrange, low end and high end stuff, but a site
    > that will review pc models from all different kinds of companies like

    Falcon
    > Northwest, Alienware, ABS, Voodoo etc.
    >
    > I'm looking for info and doing some research to possibly replace 2 of our
    > current pcs with new ones.

    ---

    HF, Sep 24, 2004

  3. heavenbound

    Bradley26 Guest

    what about pc world? computer shopper? cnet?

    Bradley26, Sep 25, 2004
  4. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    those do not show what i want.

    heavenbound, Sep 25, 2004
  5. heavenbound

    Wizard Guest

    X-No-Archive:Yes

    Here are my personal ratings based on Performance, Quality, Tech Support
    and compatibility. 10 = Best, 0 = DO NOT BUY (even if free):

    Dell 7.9 (fails in Customer/tech support)
    Micron 7.8 (inflexible and pricey)
    IBM 6.5
    Compaq 5.2
    Gateway 5.0
    Acer 4.9
    Sony 4.2
    AOpen 3.9
    Tiny 3.5
    EMachines 3.0
    HP 2.9
    NEC/Packard Bell 2.0
    Daewoo 0.2 (anything from them)

    Shop/Custom built machines are impossible to give a general rating
    because they are all different and vary daily, although it is here that
    you find the ratings of 9's and 10's..

    Wizard, Sep 26, 2004
  6. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    "Wizard" <> wrote in message
    > X-No-Archive:Yes
    >
    > Here are my personal ratings based on Performance, Quality, Tech Support
    > and compatibility. 10 = Best, 0 = DO NOT BUY (even if free):
    >
    > Dell 7.9 (fails in Customer/tech support)
    > Micron 7.8 (inflexible and pricey)
    > IBM 6.5
    > Compaq 5.2
    > Gateway 5.0
    > Acer 4.9
    > Sony 4.2
    > AOpen 3.9
    > Tiny 3.5
    > EMachines 3.0
    > HP 2.9
    > NEC/Packard Bell 2.0
    > Daewoo 0.2 (anything from them)
    >
    > Shop/Custom built machines are impossible to give a general rating
    > because they are all different and vary daily, although it is here that
    > you find the ratings of 9's and 10's..
    >

    > Bradley26 wrote:
    >>
    >> what about pc world? computer shopper? cnet?
    >>
    >> "heavenbound" <> wrote in message
    >> > Where online is a good pc review site? A site that reviews all models,
    >> > not
    >> > just like the best 3 from midrange, low end and high end stuff, but a
    >> > site
    >> > that will review pc models from all different kinds of companies like

    >> Falcon
    >> > Northwest, Alienware, ABS, Voodoo etc.
    >> >
    >> > I'm looking for info and doing some research to possibly replace 2 of
    >> > our
    >> > current pcs with new ones.

    I guess for me I wish there was some reviews for pcs between $1300-$1800
    from a bunch of companies, but I've not seen any. I've done some research
    and configured an alienware, falcon northwest, monarch, they suck, rip off,
    and dell, and dell had a p4 i might want, but i changed my mind and only
    want AMD 64 now and alienware had so far, a descent one for under $1850. i
    just still dunno, :(

    heavenbound, Sep 26, 2004
  7. heavenbound

    Bradley26 Guest

    > those do not show what i want.

    thats the best there is, and they dont show what you want?? I think you ask
    too much

    Falcon
    > > > Northwest, Alienware, ABS, Voodoo etc.

    who are these companies? upstarts and rogues. never heard of them.

    Bradley26, Sep 29, 2004
  8. heavenbound

    ProfGene Guest

    I don't know what has happened since but based on tearing apart an old IMB
    386 it was built much better than any other computer I ever saw. The power
    cables were much more heavy duty built to last indefinitely and all parts
    were sturdier by far than anything else I have ever seen. Whether they have
    kept this quality up I don't know because they have concentrated more on
    mainframes than pcs but I was very impressed by the sturdiness of the IBM
    machine at that period in time.

    ProfGene, Oct 1, 2004