    something I can do to that and then reburn the disc.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    , Feb 24, 2006

  2. Guest

    I should clarify: the corruption of IE not only makes IE fail, but
    System Restore as well. I can't uninstall or reinstall IE either
    because the system won't let me. I'm having a number of problems, and
    basically the easiest thing would be to to a clean install of Windows.
    Of course, to do that, I need a bootable XP disc, which is the real
    problem.

    , Feb 24, 2006

  3. old jon Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I have a Windows XP Pro SP2 disc, but for some reason my computer
    > doesn't recognize it at startup, so I can't boot from it to do a clean
    > install. I have the bios boot order set as Floppy, CD, HDD, and I see
    > when the computer checks the disc drives, but I never get the "Press
    > any key to boot from disc" option.

    snip

    Make your CD the First bootable device in the BIOS.

    old jon, Feb 24, 2006
  4. Ron Martell Guest

    "" <> wrote:

    >I have a Windows XP Pro SP2 disc, but for some reason my computer
    >doesn't recognize it at startup, so I can't boot from it to do a clean
    >install. I have the bios boot order set as Floppy, CD, HDD, and I see
    >when the computer checks the disc drives, but I never get the "Press
    >any key to boot from disc" option.
    >
    >I've got an Abit KV-7 mobo, and a Memorex CD-RW. Currently running XP
    >Pro, but IE got corrupted when I tried to install IE7 beta 2 ( I really
    >should have known better.) I still have the ISO for XP, if there is
    >something I can do to that and then reburn the disc.
    >
    >Anyone have any ideas?

    1. Test the CD in another computer and see if that machine recognizes
    it as bootable.

    2. Temporarily disconnect the hard drive and then see what happens
    when you try to boot.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --