Need help big time !!!

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by aj4life, Sep 13, 2006.

1. aj4life

aj4life

I change my IP address but I can't go on any other sites. It says error because of the subnet mask. How can I chnage my IP address properly and my subnet mask except my IP so I can go on other sites.

You all understand what I mean right ?:thrasher:
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
    aj4life, Sep 13, 2006
    1. Advertising

2. aj4life

Aspired

Need more info - why did you change your IP address ?

Do you have a router

are you using DHCP or do you use a static IP

I change my IP address but I can't go on any other sites? - what sites can you get on - probably none or only ones that have been save to you Hard Drive

Most likely if you have a cable internet connection with or without a router

follow these steps:
    start
    run
    type : cmd
    type : ipconfig /release
    type : ipconfig /renew

now try to open a webpage - if you are using wireless make sure you are connected to your network first

If you are a DSL subscriber you probably have a static ip - then you can only get on with that one IP address, Subnet mask, default gateway and DNS server settings they gave you when you signed up. This is unless you setup a router.
    Aspired, Sep 15, 2006
    1. Advertising

3. aj4life

Aspired

Do you have a router

I change my IP address but I can't go on any other sites? - what sites can you get on - probably none or only ones that have been save to you Hard Drive

follow these steps:
    start
    run

now try to open a webpage - if you are using wireless make sure you are connected to your network first

If you are a DSL subscriber you probably have a static ip - then you can only get on with that one IP address, Subnet mask, default gateway and DNS server settings they gave you when you signed up. This is unless you setup a router.
    Aspired, Sep 15, 2006
  4. aj4life

Aspired

Do you have a router

follow these steps:
    start
    run

Aspired, Sep 15, 2006
  5. aj4life

Aspired

Do you have a router

follow these steps:
    start
    run

Aspired, Sep 15, 2006
  6. aj4life

Don35

We understand what you mean, why we don't understand why you did that. The subnetmask is a function of the DHCP. We need more information as to what your settings were (IP and mask) and what you changed the IP to. Probably we want to know WHY also. YOu have to have the IP, Gateway and Subnet mask all within range of your router.

Please provide more information and I am sure someone (including me) can assist.
    Don35, Sep 16, 2006
  7. aj4life

aj4life

Im banned of my favourite site because I was the only one to confront the mods about them abusing theyre power. They got all pissy so i was banned.

I will be honest I am a newb with PCs so none of that made sense to me. I cant get on any sites. The internet [ and MSN] all make the page error.

I dont know what I use but heres a pic of what my IP looks like.

Oh and sorry for not replying I sort of forgot about this site.

[​IMG]

Oh and is there a way to chnage your IP address no matter what you use. Because I dont want to get my hopes up you know.
    aj4life, Sep 22, 2006
  8. aj4life

aj4life

Bump..............................
    aj4life, Sep 27, 2006
  9. aj4life

rahulbhatia1

I need Sum Help Urgently......

I hav a net gear router at home....nd i just bought a o2 xda atom....which has wifi in it....i just wanna ask how do i connect my fone(o2) wid th router using wifi nd access th net....

Thnx & Best Regards

Rahul
    rahulbhatia1, Sep 28, 2006
    1. Advertising