Need German translation help

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Shel-hed, Jul 2, 2006.

  1. Shel-hed

    Shel-hed Guest

    Shel-hed, Jul 2, 2006

  2. Shel-hed

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 00:01:54 GMT, Shel-hed <>
    wrote:

    >Referring to an old Kenwood KR-7200 receiver.
    >
    >This page-
    >http://www.fertinger.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=216&Itemid=244
    >Google's translation-
    >http://translate.google.com/transla...te:http://www.fertinger.com+kr-7200&hl=en&lr=
    >or
    >http://makeashorterlink.com/?F5A321B5D
    >
    >What does...
    >"Abstimminstrumente, eines Signalstärkenabhängig."
    >"2 co-ordination instruments, one signal-strength-dependently."
    >...Mean?
    >Is it Radio tuning / signal strength?

    If you don't get any answers here, you may try one of the shortwave or
    scanner groups.
    Evan Platt, Jul 2, 2006

  3. Shel-hed wrote:

    > Referring to an old Kenwood KR-7200 receiver.
    >
    > This page-

    http://www.fertinger.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=216&Itemid=244
    > Google's translation-

    http://translate.google.com/transla...te:http://www.fertinger.com+kr-7200&hl=en&lr=
    > or
    > http://makeashorterlink.com/?F5A321B5D
    >
    > What does...
    > "Abstimminstrumente, eines Signalstärkenabhängig."
    > "2 co-ordination instruments, one signal-strength-dependently."
    > ...Mean?
    > Is it Radio tuning / signal strength?

    Looks like that. One meter for tuning/freq offset, one for signal strength.
    Walter Mautner, Jul 2, 2006
  4. Shel-hed

    Guest

    , Jul 2, 2006
  5. Shel-hed

    Guest

    > What does...
    > "Abstimminstrumente, eines Signalstärkenabhängig."
    > "2 co-ordination instruments, one signal-strength-dependently."
    > ...Mean?
    > Is it Radio tuning / signal strength?

    I can also give you some provisional idea, but what you quote seems to
    be incomplete. as you may know, words that logically belong together
    are often far apart from each other in German, so that to make sense in
    English you have to do quite a bit of regrouping. your quote could
    mean:

    tuning instrument (of a ).......... depending on the strength (force,
    size, volume) of a signal
    , Jul 2, 2006
  6. Shel-hed

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 09:28:00 +0200, Walter Mautner
    <> wrote:

    >Shel-hed wrote:
    >
    >> Referring to an old Kenwood KR-7200 receiver.
    >>
    >> This page-
    >>

    >http://www.fertinger.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=216&Itemid=244
    >> Google's translation-
    >>

    >http://translate.google.com/transla...te:http://www.fertinger.com+kr-7200&hl=en&lr=
    >> or
    >> http://makeashorterlink.com/?F5A321B5D
    >>
    >> What does...
    >> "Abstimminstrumente, eines Signalstärkenabhängig."
    >> "2 co-ordination instruments, one signal-strength-dependently."
    >> ...Mean?
    >> Is it Radio tuning / signal strength?

    >Looks like that. One meter for tuning/freq offset, one for signal strength.

    Thank you. That makes sense. Most units I've seen only have one meter that
    combines the functions.
    Shel-hed, Jul 2, 2006