    Also, D-Link has a router that has 'Speed Booster'. Would that help or
    is the same as the 108 unit?

    Thanks for any info.
    Sherry Crawley, Mar 1, 2007

  2. Hi
    I can not offer you a Speed Boost, however you should know.
    1. The Extra Speed of the 802.11g devices (Like the D-Link 108) is
    functional only if you use a matching 108 D-Link Wireless Client Card.
    2. The Speed Rates (54 or 108) is Not he Speed of the Network's transfer, it
    is the Internal Speed that the Chipset is working with. The actual Bandwidth
    (Speed) depends on Hardware quality, software configuration, distance, and
    other environmental factors. http://www.ezlan.net/wbars.html
    This page describes the working "Speed" that various Networks actually
    provide, http://www.ezlan.net/net_speed.html
    This page might help in evaluation and tuning of the "Speed",
    http://www.ezlan.net/Internet_Speed.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 1, 2007

  3. Jack (MVP-Networking). wrote:
    > Hi
    > I can not offer you a Speed Boost, however you should know.
    > 1. The Extra Speed of the 802.11g devices (Like the D-Link 108) is
    > functional only if you use a matching 108 D-Link Wireless Client Card.
    > 2. The Speed Rates (54 or 108) is Not he Speed of the Network's transfer, it
    > is the Internal Speed that the Chipset is working with. The actual Bandwidth
    > (Speed) depends on Hardware quality, software configuration, distance, and
    > other environmental factors. http://www.ezlan.net/wbars.html
    > This page describes the working "Speed" that various Networks actually
    > provide, http://www.ezlan.net/net_speed.html
    > This page might help in evaluation and tuning of the "Speed",
    > http://www.ezlan.net/Internet_Speed.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Sherry Crawley" <> wrote in message
    >> I have Windows XP MCE (with latest updates), D-Link 524 wireless router,
    >> and XBOX 360 with wireless adapter.
    >> I use this configuration to watch recorded TV on the PC via the XBOX 360.
    >> It works fine for the most part, but occasionally there are slow downs in
    >> the video.
    >> MS suggests using an 'A' router. Mine is rated at 54, and I see D-Link
    >> has another one DI-624, rated at 108. Would I see an improvement going
    >> for the 108 unit, or is the XBOX adapter the determining limit?
    >> Anybody have experience using an 'A' router?
    >> Also, D-Link has a router that has 'Speed Booster'. Would that help or is
    >> the same as the 108 unit?
    >>
    >> Thanks for any info.

    Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.
    Sherry Crawley, Mar 1, 2007