    DVDs.
    Thanks

    , Feb 14, 2004

  2. Budweiser Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I was using ClickN Burn to create data cds with very long (over 128

    characters)
    > file names. Now I need something that will allow me to write these same

    files to
    > DVDs.
    > Thanks

    Why do you need such long file names?-----nero has never let me down,but
    never used an essay as a file name.
    Normally your dvd burner comes with bundled software that should be up to
    the job-----hmmmmmmm you do have a dvd burner?not just a cd-r/rw?
    Had to ask--sorry if it sounds condacending

    Budweiser, Feb 14, 2004

  3. Guest

    On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:02:36 -0000, "Budweiser" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I was using ClickN Burn to create data cds with very long (over 128

    >characters)
    >> file names. Now I need something that will allow me to write these same

    >files to
    >> DVDs.
    >> Thanks

    >Why do you need such long file names?-----nero has never let me down,but
    >never used an essay as a file name.

    The file names are long because they are for a searchable database for
    photographs.
    lake.jpg just doesn't work when you have 4,000 pictures of lakes.<g>

    >Normally your dvd burner comes with bundled software that should be up to
    >the job-----hmmmmmmm you do have a dvd burner?not just a cd-r/rw?
    >Had to ask--sorry if it sounds condacending

    Nero came with my DVD burners.

    , Feb 14, 2004
  4. Budweiser Guest

    wrote:

    > ><> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> I was using ClickN Burn to create data cds with very long (over 128

    > >characters)
    > >> file names. Now I need something that will allow me to write these same

    > >files to
    > >> DVDs.
    > >> Thanks

    > >Why do you need such long file names?-----nero has never let me down,but
    > >never used an essay as a file name.

    > The file names are long because they are for a searchable database for
    > photographs.
    > lake.jpg just doesn't work when you have 4,000 pictures of lakes.<g>
    >
    > >Normally your dvd burner comes with bundled software that should be up to
    > >the job-----hmmmmmmm you do have a dvd burner?not just a cd-r/rw?
    > >Had to ask--sorry if it sounds condacending
    > >

    > Nero came with my DVD burners.

    As you have already found out, the max length for a file name in nero and
    most other burnware is 64 characters.
    I think a different approach to your storage/labeling is required
    You could create a data base in access,with full descriptions,and the just
    reference the picture as a number and a disc reference

    lake louise,sunset,july1999 == file 123456 disc 7

    Budweiser, Feb 14, 2004
  5. Howdy!

    <> wrote in message

    > I was using ClickN Burn to create data cds with very long (over 128

    characters)
    > file names. Now I need something that will allow me to write these same

    files to
    > DVDs.

    This is, of course, so that the DVD is totally useless, right?

    There's a maximum file name length in the DVD specs. You are
    probably exceeding it.

    You MIGHT need to cluster the files, use a shorter name, and use a
    text file that gives an explanation for each file.

    Past that, you're SOL.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Feb 15, 2004