    planetamd64.com and go a few more but am having no luck with sound and video.

    If anyone wants the working drivers I have, please repsond and I will send
    them to you.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=, May 10, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    julcita Guest

    hi, I´ve purchased the same notebook (hp dv9310us) which came with
    windows vista home premium, and I really dont like it (in fact Im
    starting to hate it!!) One friend recomended me to try windows xp
    64bit, but when i searched the web in order to get the drivers, I
    uwfully discovered there was almost no help in hp site. So, if you
    could help me sending to my e mail the drivers you've already founded,
    I´d be gratefull. My email is . THANK YOU!
    (and sorry if my english is no good!! ;)

    --
    julcita
    julcita's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=27373

    http://forums.techarena.in

    julcita, Jul 1, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    Allan Guest

    "julcita" <> wrote in message

    > hi, I´ve purchased the same notebook (hp dv9310us) which came with
    > windows vista home premium, and I really dont (sic) like it (in fact Im
    > (sic)
    > starting to hate it!!) One friend recomended (sic) me to try windows xp
    > 64bit, but when i searched the web in order to get the drivers, I
    > uwfully (?) discovered there was almost no help in hp site. So, if you
    > could help me sending to my e mail the drivers you've already founded
    > (sic) ,
    > I´d be gratefull. My email is . THANK YOU!
    > (and sorry if my english is no good!! ;)
    >

    > --
    > julcita
    > julcita's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=27373
    > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=744614
    >
    > http://forums.techarena.in

    Hello julcita,
    If HP does not offer the drivers you can hunt around or take the easy way
    out and order a compatible 32-bit version from them. I corrected your
    spelling in the message with editing marks. Hint: sometimes HP can be more
    helpful when you contact them by telephone instead of searching their
    website.

    Allan, Jul 2, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    julcita Guest

    Hi DeathNACan :

    thanks for you quick answer to my problem, but unfortunatelly, i didn´
    understand clearly what you said. As I don´t have a huge knolledge abou
    computers and drivers and things like that, I will resume my problem t
    this:

    My notebook came with preinstaled windows vista home premium (32 bit
    and I´d like to change my os to windows xp 64. (I no longer wan
    vista!!) Is this possible? As I told you before, I´ve started
    research over the web to learn what other hp pavillion users had to sa
    about this issue. During this little research I got to your thread an
    assumed you had already founded some of the drivers I need, and tha
    you could send them to my email.

    I don´t know if this is possible, if not, please forgive me for wastin
    your time.

    thank you!!

    --
    julcit

    http://forums.techarena.i

    julcita, Jul 3, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    Allan Guest

    "julcita" <> wrote in message

    > Hi DeathNACan :
    >
    > thanks for you quick answer to my problem, but unfortunatelly, i didn´t
    > understand clearly what you said. As I don´t have a huge knolledge about
    > computers and drivers and things like that, I will resume my problem to
    > this:
    >
    > My notebook came with preinstaled windows vista home premium (32 bit)
    > and I´d like to change my os to windows xp 64. (I no longer want
    > vista!!) Is this possible? As I told you before, I´ve started a
    > research over the web to learn what other hp pavillion users had to say
    > about this issue. During this little research I got to your thread and
    > assumed you had already founded some of the drivers I need, and that
    > you could send them to my email.
    >
    > I don´t know if this is possible, if not, please forgive me for wasting
    > your time.
    >
    > thank you!!!
    >

    > --
    > julcita
    > julcita's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=27373
    > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=744614
    >
    > http://forums.techarena.in

    Good luck if you want to remove Vista and not just dual boot Vista Home
    Premium and Windows XP Pro x64. I found just these two drivers on hp.com :
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2030&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3370372&lang=en .
    (Dual-booting means you have both OS's on your computer and choose which one
    you want at boot-up time.) You may keep posting your questions here about
    Windows XP Pro x64; that is why this NG is here.
    As for your basic question, is it possible, yes, it is possible indeed to
    uninstall Vista completely and install Windows XP Pro x64.

    Allan, Jul 4, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    Allan Guest

    "Allan" <> wrote in message

    > "julcita" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi DeathNACan :
    >>
    >> thanks for you quick answer to my problem, but unfortunatelly, i didn´t
    >> understand clearly what you said. As I don´t have a huge knolledge about
    >> computers and drivers and things like that, I will resume my problem to
    >> this:
    >>
    >> My notebook came with preinstaled windows vista home premium (32 bit)
    >> and I´d like to change my os to windows xp 64. (I no longer want
    >> vista!!) Is this possible? As I told you before, I´ve started a
    >> research over the web to learn what other hp pavillion users had to say
    >> about this issue. During this little research I got to your thread and
    >> assumed you had already founded some of the drivers I need, and that
    >> you could send them to my email.
    >>
    >> I don´t know if this is possible, if not, please forgive me for wasting
    >> your time.
    >>
    >> thank you!!!
    >>

    >> --
    >> julcita
    >> julcita's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=27373
    >> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=744614
    >>
    >> http://forums.techarena.in
    >>

    > Good luck if you want to remove Vista and not just dual boot Vista Home
    > Premium and Windows XP Pro x64. I found just these two drivers on hp.com :
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2030&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3370372&lang=en .
    > (Dual-booting means you have both OS's on your computer and choose which
    > one you want at boot-up time.) You may keep posting your questions here
    > about Windows XP Pro x64; that is why this NG is here.
    > As for your basic question, is it possible, yes, it is possible indeed to
    > uninstall Vista completely and install Windows XP Pro x64.

    Hi julcita,
    In case you decide to try dual-booting Vista and Windows XP Pro x64 here
    is another link that may be helpful to you (free download) :
    http://www.vistabootpro.org/ .

    Allan, Jul 4, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    julcita Guest

    hi, me again.
    after reading your answers I got more confussed with your expression
    "good luck if you want to remove vista completely". Did you mean that
    removing vista is not a good idea?
    the fact is that when I bought the hp dv9310us, I tought I would
    notice a real improvement comparing to my older computer (an athlon
    1.9mhz) but, unfortunatelly, I didn´t.
    I couldn't understand why this brand new computer with 2 prossesors ,
    was running applications (ej photoshop) so slowly. I also got bored of
    waiting each time I wanted to watch my pictures, without mentioning the
    time that takes turning on and shuting down the computer. Is this
    normal?
    It is very frustating for me to have all this tecnology without
    noticing any difference( or worst, noticing a bad performance, or
    making difficult what what was easy before).
    I reached to the conclussion that all my problems were caussed by
    Vista, and thas why I decided to change to xp. Am I wrong??? what
    should I do??? I just want a fast computer, not the lastest software..
    please help me decide what is better for my hp!
    thank you again.
    Juls

    julcita, Jul 4, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    Allan Guest

    "julcita" <> wrote in message

    > hi, me again.
    > after reading your answers I got more confussed with your expression
    > "good luck if you want to remove vista completely". Did you mean that
    > removing vista is not a good idea?
    > the fact is that when I bought the hp dv9310us, I tought I would
    > notice a real improvement comparing to my older computer (an athlon
    > 1.9mhz) but, unfortunatelly, I didn´t.
    > I couldn't understand why this brand new computer with 2 prossesors ,
    > was running applications (ej photoshop) so slowly. I also got bored of
    > waiting each time I wanted to watch my pictures, without mentioning the
    > time that takes turning on and shuting down the computer. Is this
    > normal?
    > It is very frustating for me to have all this tecnology without
    > noticing any difference( or worst, noticing a bad performance, or
    > making difficult what what was easy before).
    > I reached to the conclussion that all my problems were caussed by
    > Vista, and thas why I decided to change to xp. Am I wrong??? what
    > should I do??? I just want a fast computer, not the lastest software..
    > please help me decide what is better for my hp!
    > thank you again.
    > Juls
    >

    > --
    > julcita
    > julcita's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=27373
    > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=744614
    >
    > http://forums.techarena.in

    A lot of people are starting to say that the minimum RAM required for Vista
    is 2GB for decent performance. Unfortunately many of the manufacturers did
    not follow this guidance when they started selling Vista-installed machines.
    What I was hinting at is that in your case a dual-boot of Windows XP Pro x64
    or even 32-bit Windows XP might be better than uninstalling Vista and having
    only one OS. You could also upgrade the memory on your laptop to 2 or even 4
    GB and that would probably help a lot.

    Allan, Jul 5, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Use the Reliability and Performance monitor to see if you can determine what
    is the hang in your system. One point that many do not understand it that
    your program will run on one of your cores. That core probably is slower
    than the single processor (check the mz). Dual core can be very helpful if
    you are multi processing, but if you are running a single task, you may find
    that it is slower. Vista also has more overhead than XP and if your
    computer has the 1.6 mz you may well be better off switching to XP if you
    can find all the drivers you need. I had a 3500 and had to move to a 5200
    (2.6 mz) to get decent performance, but I do a lot of multi processing.

    John Barnes, Jul 5, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    Vic Guest

    dv9310us drivers

    Hi i saw your post on eggheadcafe,
    it would be great if you can send me those drivers or links to them.. i have had a hard time finding them

    tonight im trying modified drivers for the vid card still with no luck

    thanks for any help..
    Ive left Vista on a partition in case i cant get this running well but if i can im killing that waste of space :)

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    Vic, Dec 2, 2007
  11. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    Theo Guest

    Re: dv9310us drivers

    Have you actually gone to www.hp.com and entered 'dv9310us'
    in the search box?

    If you do it will direct you to the page with ALL the
    drivers you could ever need!

    Theo, Dec 2, 2007
  12. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    sel0m

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    sel0m, Jan 20, 2008
  13. actually theo, hp provides very few of the remaining drivers needed for
    the dv9310us. i've checked and had to download them from elsewhere. soon
    i will post them, but for the "expert" status, some of the posts were
    elementary and of very little use. next time maybe be less smarmy.

    --
    warchyldezero1
    warchyldezero1's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/94343.htm

    http://forums.techarena.in

    warchyldezero1, Apr 27, 2009
  14. This is interesting. This is a response to a thread that was started
    about 2 years ago and now someone is responding with this.

    The thread is at http://forums.techarena.in/windows-x64-edition/744614.htm

    Theo

    Re: dv9310us drivers
    Have you actually gone to www.hp.com and entered 'dv9310us'
    in the search box?

    If you do it will direct you to the page with ALL the
    drivers you could ever need!

    Apparently HP removed the x64 drivers and now he/she is complaining
    about something from the past?

    Bobby Johnson, Apr 28, 2009