    I'm using an IBM Touchpad R40. Windows XP Pro

    Any help will be appreciated.

    BILL
    Trying, May 15, 2007

  2. "Trying" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My device Manager says I have a problem with my SCSI/RAID Host
    > Controller. Its a Texas Instruments PCI-1510.
    > I think it controls my DVD/CDRW drive.

    Your DVD/CDRW is EIDE.

    http://www.driverguide.com/

    Laptop Pole Dancer, May 15, 2007

  3. Trying

    whosbest54 Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    >My device Manager says I have a problem with my SCSI/RAID Host
    >Controller. Its a Texas Instruments PCI-1510.
    >I think it controls my DVD/CDRW drive.
    >
    >The message says "Windows can't load the device driver for this
    >hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39"
    >
    >Can you suggest a way to fix this? Where would you look for such a
    >driver?
    >
    >I'm using an IBM Touchpad R40. Windows XP Pro

    For Thinkpad hardware you have to get drivers from IBM. I didn't find a
    specific driver at their site for this.

    <http://www-1.ibm.com/support/dlsearch.wss?rs=0&lang=en&loc=en_US&r=10&cs
    =utf-8&rankfile=0&cc=us&spc=&stc=&apar=include&q1=Thinkpad+R40&q2=&dc=D43
    0&atrn=SWPlatform&atrv=Windows+XP&atrn1=SWVersion&atrv1=all&tc=HWM79&Go.x
    =12&Go.y=8>

    If this is an external USB or firewire drive you added, then use the
    install disk that came with it and forget about IBM drivers.

    Try removing the device from device manager, reboot and see if it
    redetects it and loads the correct driver. You can also try to update
    the driver manually, searching any install disks for external devices or
    a special recovery partition if it's IBM internal hardware.

    whosbest54

    http://www.geocities.com/whosbest54/

    http://www.geocities.com/whosbest54/rmb.html
    whosbest54, May 15, 2007