    Does anyone know what brands might have this?

    Thanks,
    Dave

    Dave, Mar 2, 2004

  2. Dave

    Clyde Guest

    Dave wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am looking to upgrade my Kodak DC290 digital camera and would like to
    > stick with the same lens: (35 mm equivalent) of *28 mm* to 100 mm or
    > more. This would be a fixed lens camera.
    >
    > I see most current cameras start at 35 mm, but I use the 28 mm feature
    > quite often.
    >
    > Does anyone know what brands might have this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dave

    The Minolta Dimage 7, 7i, 7Hi, A1, A2 all do 28mm to 200mm. I have the
    7Hi and love that 28mm capability.

    Clyde

    Clyde, Mar 2, 2004

  3. Dave

    Patco Guest

    Minolta DiMAGE A1 (or new A2) goes from 28 to 200.
    Olympus C-5060 goes from 27 to 110.
    If you poke around places like this:
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/C5700/C57A.HTM
    you will probably find others.

    Patco, Mar 2, 2004
  4. On Monday 01 March 2004 04:40 pm, Dave wrote:

    > I am looking to upgrade my Kodak DC290 digital camera and would like
    > to stick with the same lens: (35 mm equivalent) of 28 mm to 100 mm or
    > more. This would be a fixed lens camera.
    >
    > I see most current cameras start at 35 mm, but I use the 28 mm feature
    > quite often.
    >
    > Does anyone know what brands might have this?

    The Olympus C-5060, C-8080, and Nikon Coolpix 5400 immediately come to
    mind.

    --
    Stefan Patric

    Stefan Patric, Mar 2, 2004
  5. Dave

    bob Guest

    Dave <> wrote in

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am looking to upgrade my Kodak DC290 digital camera and would like
    > to stick with the same lens: (35 mm equivalent) of 28 mm to 100 mm or
    > more. This would be a fixed lens camera.
    >
    > I see most current cameras start at 35 mm, but I use the 28 mm feature
    > quite often.
    >
    > Does anyone know what brands might have this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dave
    >
    > Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
    > --------------010905000309010204050405
    > <head>
    > content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1"> <title></title>
    > </head>
    > Hello,<br>
    > I am looking to upgrade my Kodak DC290 digital camera and would like
    > to stick with the same lens: (35 mm equivalent) of <b>28 mm</b> to 100
    > mm or more.&nbsp; This would be a fixed lens camera.<br>

    Nikon CP 5400 28mm to 116mm (equiv).

    With the optional wc-e68 accessory lens, the wide end goes to 19mm
    rectilinear with very little barrel distortion. There are also available
    Nikon 2x and 3x teleconverters.

    Bob

    --
    remove the backwards "SPAM" to reply.