    Thanks for any recommendations!
    Regards,
    June
    ShantiP1, May 27, 2004

  2. ShantiP1

    Jim Berwick Guest

    ojunkm (ShantiP1) wrote in
    news::

    > I find that with the FMPro 3, that it will only find an ingredient if
    > I do invidual searches for every field, which can take forever. I want
    > a database that will search through all the fields to find what I'm
    > looking for.

    MySQL
    Jim Berwick, May 28, 2004

  3. ShantiP1

    ShantiP1 Guest

    Thanks, I did a search on it but couldn't find pricing or any indication that
    it would be easy to use.
    I'll have to dig a bit deeper.

    Regards,
    June
    ShantiP1, May 28, 2004
  4. ShantiP1

    Hoffman Guest

    Filemaker is up to version 7 now. Have you checked to see if the present
    version will do what you require?
    Larry

    Hoffman, May 28, 2004
  5. ShantiP1

    Jim Berwick Guest

    ojunkm (ShantiP1) wrote in

    MySQL is available at http://www.mysql.com.
    Jim Berwick, May 28, 2004
  6. ShantiP1

    ShantiP1 Guest

    Dear Larry,

    I read the info on FMPro 7, but it doesn't say that it's relational. I download
    a 30 day free trial and I'm going to check it out since they have an upgrade
    special on it for a few months.

    Thanks!
    June
    ShantiP1, May 28, 2004
  7. ShantiP1

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "ShantiP1" <> wrote in message
    > I need to get a relational database and want one that is very easy to use,

    with
    > unlimited storage of ceramic glaze recipes.
    > I have FileMaker pro 3 which is easy to use, but it doesn't allow me to

    search
    > an individual ingredient and amount through all the fields; and I want

    that
    > feature in order to be able to remove duplicate recipes, or to find

    similar
    > recipes.
    > I need to be able to list an ingredient in any one of the many ingredient
    > fields and have a database that can find it wherever it may be in any of

    those
    > fields. I hope this makes sense!
    > I find that with the FMPro 3, that it will only find an ingredient if I do
    > invidual searches for every field, which can take forever. I want a

    database
    > that will search through all the fields to find what I'm looking for.

    It seems to me that MS Access should do the trick.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, May 29, 2004