    PC Dude computer Help and Discussion forums offer professional help for
    all your computer problems. Check us out at
    http://pcdude.proboards86.com

    Gary335, Sep 28, 2006

  2. Gary335

    Guest

    Gary335 wrote:
    > PC Dude computer Help and Discussion forums offer professional help for
    > all your computer problems. Check us out at
    > http://pcdude.proboards86.com

    That forum - one month old - looks kind of nice - nice content -
    though not so relevant to a techie.. I initially suspected it'd be an
    interface to usenet , masquerading as an independent help forum. Or
    that it'd just have posts pasted from usenet.

    But it does have good clear advice, moreso for newbie. You're a
    techie(assuming your one of the 2 moderators). I can see from the
    forum posts, you're in your twenties. You started over a decade ago
    with DOS. I see where you're coming from in terms of experience.

    Why don't you contribute to the techie community by keeping things
    centralised, e.g. on standard usenet newsgroups that already exist for
    the purpose?

    You can learn a lot from usenet, as you know. And you give a lot. And
    it's all safely and permanently archived, and googlable. It's nice to
    have things centralised on usenet.

    Apparently there are successful computer help forums, though I don't
    use them, for philosophical reasons. They're generally fairly geared
    towards users anyway.

    Hardware forums are one area where forums have taken off. There are
    some established ones. And very specific forums by manufacturers.

    , Sep 29, 2006

  3. Gary335

    Gary335 Guest

    I appreciate your comments. Always like to hear what people think.

    If anyone else is interested, the link is http://pcdude.proboards86.com

    Gary335, Oct 22, 2006