    would be glad if some help could be had.

    thanks
    Ally

    Ally, Nov 4, 2005

    http://www.videolan.org

    unluckylanding, Nov 4, 2005

  3. Ally

    Kenny Guest

    QuickTime Alternative.
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Nov 4, 2005
  4. Could someone tell me if there's a codec available to play a .mov
    file>on the windows media player version 7? I've got .mov files but no
    quicktime, and the apple site says the latest version run only on
    200/xp. Whats more, it is around 30 mb large and hog the cpu (i still
    run on a p2)

    Videolan is a great player,for one thing it has image enhancement
    built in including gamma correction.But it doesn't play some of my
    ..mov files.Irfanview is a brilliant freeware program which plays
    quicktime files easily.If you haven't got Irfanview you should do so.I
    also use it as my default image viewer.And of course there's always
    the option of an earlier version of Quicktime itself.

    valeofbelvoirdrinker, Nov 4, 2005
  5. Ally

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>,
    Ally <> wrote:

    > Could someone tell me if there's a codec available to play a .mov file
    > on the windows media player version 7? I've got .mov files but no
    > quicktime, and the apple site says the latest version run only on
    > 200/xp. Whats more, it is around 30 mb large and hog the cpu (i still
    > run on a p2)
    >
    > would be glad if some help could be had.

    I found this one for QT 5:

    Mitch, Nov 4, 2005