    Please reply to: | "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is
    pciszek at panix dot com | indistinguishable from malice."
    Autoreply is disabled |
    Paul Ciszek, Aug 1, 2011

  2. Paul Ciszek

    M-M Guest

    In article <j16sc9$ln$>,
    (Paul Ciszek) wrote:

    > I would like a affordable way to mount my prints for display in
    > amateur art shows, county fairs, etc. Getting them matted costs
    > an arm and a leg, matting them myself would involve getting a
    > mat cutter, a selection of mat board in different colors, and a
    > large horizontal surface. Prefab frames are actually cheaper than
    > mats, but you end up pressing something that is not acid free against
    > te back of the print, and the glass against the fron of the print.
    > Keeping a tiny air gap between print and glass is supposed to be a
    > important, apparently. What are some other options?

    I use 3M Spray 77 adhesive on the back of the prints, then stick them to
    foamboard, then use a straightedge and an Xacto knife to cut them out.
    Put the straightedge on the print and angle the knife so you bevel it
    slightly under to avoid seeing any foamboard edge.

    Then I use double-stick Velcro to mount to the wall.

    --
    m-m
    Photo Gallery:
    M-M, Aug 2, 2011