    would be a good buy but to many bad user reviews, gee they are dear
    here when they sell in the US around $50-60us and list here for $199.

    Any thing better.?
    Possible, May 23, 2011

  2. Possible

    Possible Guest

    On Tue, 24 May 2011 07:31:56 +1200, whoisthis <> wrote:

    >In article <irddu5$a03$>, EMB <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >> On 23/05/2011 8:33 p.m., Possible wrote:
    >> >

    >> > I thought that the Belkin Share N300 Wireless N+ Router
    >> > would be a good buy but to many bad user reviews, gee they are dear
    >> > here when they sell in the US around $50-60us and list here for $199.
    >> >

    >> > Any thing better.?

    >> Apple Airport Express.

    >Never used mine for USB printing, it is connected to my stereo so I have
    >all my music on iTunes playing through it.

    This chap is a Idiot nothing that Apple makes is Cheap.
    Possible, May 23, 2011

  3. Possible

    victor Guest

    On 23/05/2011 8:33 p.m., Possible wrote:

    > I thought that the Belkin Share N300 Wireless N+ Router
    > would be a good buy but to many bad user reviews, gee they are dear
    > here when they sell in the US around $50-60us and list here for $199.
    >

    > Any thing better.?

    ASUS RT-N13U
    victor, May 24, 2011
  4. Possible

    Guest

    On Tue, 24 May 2011 22:04:27 +1200, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 24/05/2011 9:55 a.m., Possible wrote:
    >> On Tue, 24 May 2011 07:31:56 +1200, whoisthis<> wrote:

    >>> Never used mine for USB printing, it is connected to my stereo so I have
    >>> all my music on iTunes playing through it.

    >> This chap is a Idiot nothing that Apple makes is Cheap.

    >Cheaper than the Belkin you were considering above.

    No its not and no Land Ports, plus has to be pluged into the Wall
    socket, its a utter joke, the Asus is cheaper but the Belkin Share N300
    Wireless N+ Router was faster when comparing to the Asus

    The Asus can be got as low as $90.xx and the Belkin for some $120.xx
    , May 25, 2011
  5. Possible

    Guest

    On Tue, 24 May 2011 13:14:33 +1200, victor <> wrote:

    >On 23/05/2011 8:33 p.m., Possible wrote:
    >>

    >> I thought that the Belkin Share N300 Wireless N+ Router
    >> would be a good buy but to many bad user reviews, gee they are dear
    >> here when they sell in the US around $50-60us and list here for $199.
    >>

    >> Any thing better.?

    >ASUS RT-N13U

    Nice and better price that the Belkin, but the review that I have gives
    the Belkin better speed and range.

    http://www.zdnet.com.au/asus-rt-n13u-wireless-n-router-339298732.htm

    I have a Old Level One works OK but they dont seem to make a USB Printer
    port model.
    , May 25, 2011
  6. Possible

    Richard Guest

    On 25/05/2011 1:26 p.m., wrote:

    > No its not and no Land Ports, plus has to be pluged into the Wall
    > socket, its a utter joke, the Asus is cheaper but the Belkin Share N300
    > Wireless N+ Router was faster when comparing to the Asus
    >
    > The Asus can be got as low as $90.xx and the Belkin for some $120.xx

    You asked for a wireless router with USB printing support and thats what
    it does.

    If you are now wanting to add what I assume are LAN ports and make it
    use wireless power or power over ethernet, those should have been
    mentioned in the first post. Last Asus I looked at also needed to be
    plugged into the wall to operate, and it had a massive ugly outlet
    covering wall wart with it.

    If you really want to locate the airport express away from the wall,
    there are many cables around to connect to where the duckhead connected
    and have a cable and plug, or you can use a standard figure 8 cable on
    them.
    Richard, May 25, 2011
  7. On Wed, 25 May 2011 23:06:42 +1200, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 25/05/2011 1:26 p.m., wrote:

    >>> Cheaper than the Belkin you were considering above.

    >> No its not and no Land Ports, plus has to be pluged into the Wall
    >> socket, its a utter joke, the Asus is cheaper but the Belkin Share N300
    >> Wireless N+ Router was faster when comparing to the Asus

    >Roger you lying old wanker, you state above that the Belkin lists here
    >for $199. The Apple lists for $189. Which fscking one is cheaper? And
    >Apple's wireless gear is pretty good but you are too blinkered to see that.
    >>
    >> The Asus can be got as low as $90.xx and the Belkin for some $120.xx

    >So in fact your original post in this thread is all typical Roger
    >Sheppard bullshit, overstating the NZ cost of the Belkin by 50%. And as
    >a postscript I will never buy Belkin gear again - it has repeatedly
    >proven to be unreliable shit.
    >
    >PS WTF is a "Land Port"?

    SEEMS THATYOU CANT READ, I STASTED LIST PRICE NOT THE DISCOUNT PRICE.

    Quote from my Post

    when they sell in the US around $50-60us and list here for $199.

    Does it no say List...???

    Also I thought all routers had 4 LAN ports, silly me I am glad I am not
    a Apple addict.

    I would rate the Apple one at the bottom of my list.
    Frank Williams, May 26, 2011
  8. Possible

    Squiggle Guest

    On 25/05/2011 11:06 p.m., EMB threw some characters down the intarwebs:

    >And as
    > a postscript I will never buy Belkin gear again - it has repeatedly
    > proven to be unreliable shit.

    Amen to that, have a belkin wireless router here, the firmware is buggy
    as heck, fire up a torrent client for an hour or two and wait for the
    inevitable lockup. (NAT table overflowing?)

    Would go back to the cisco 877 if I could, but other occupants of the
    house get a bit bitchy about blue spaghetti over the floor.
    Squiggle, May 26, 2011
  9. Possible

    Richard Guest

    On 26/05/2011 1:24 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:

    > SEEMS THATYOU CANT READ, I STASTED LIST PRICE NOT THE DISCOUNT PRICE.
    >

    > Quote from my Post
    >

    > when they sell in the US around $50-60us and list here for $199.
    >
    > Does it no say List...???
    >

    > Also I thought all routers had 4 LAN ports, silly me I am glad I am not
    > a Apple addict.
    >

    > I would rate the Apple one at the bottom of my list.

    I find the opposite, and dont care how many ports it has, 4 is just as
    insufficiant as 1 when you have more than 4 things to plug in, and I
    prefer to be able to reboot the router and not have all my lan devices
    lose connection like if I use the switch in it.

    Most people have everything on wifi so a single port for either wan or
    lan is good enough. For those that need more (a minority) then the
    airport express is clearly not the product to choose.

    The freedom from a wallwart and non obtrusive design means that it can
    go in many places that a typical large, ugly multiported belkin etc
    would be an eyesore.
    Richard, May 26, 2011
  10. Possible

    Richard Guest

    On 26/05/2011 10:19 p.m., Squiggle wrote:
    > On 25/05/2011 11:06 p.m., EMB threw some characters down the intarwebs:
    >

    >> And as
    >> a postscript I will never buy Belkin gear again - it has repeatedly
    >> proven to be unreliable shit.
    >>

    > Amen to that, have a belkin wireless router here, the firmware is buggy
    > as heck, fire up a torrent client for an hour or two and wait for the
    > inevitable lockup. (NAT table overflowing?)
    >
    > Would go back to the cisco 877 if I could, but other occupants of the
    > house get a bit bitchy about blue spaghetti over the floor.

    Just plug the wireless one in lan to lan and turn its dhcp server off.

    I have about 5 routers around the house as either crap 4 port switches
    and wifi by the old xbox and tv etc or just as wifi in areas that needed
    it. Its UDP that kills routers since they age for so long. Turn off DHT
    and uTP in your torrent clients and limit TCP connections and any router
    should be ok.
    Richard, May 26, 2011
  11. On Thu, 26 May 2011 19:56:54 +1200, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 26/05/2011 1:24 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
    >>

    >> SEEMS THATYOU CANT READ, I STASTED LIST PRICE NOT THE DISCOUNT PRICE.
    >>

    >> Quote from my Post
    >>

    >> when they sell in the US around $50-60us and list here for $199.
    >>
    >> Does it no say List...???
    >>

    >Ahh the usual Woger comparison of Bananas with Oranges. What something
    >lists for (eg it is listed on 1day.co.nz for $10), and the
    >manufacturer's list price are two completely different things. And
    >trying to compare the RRP with a street price is blatantly disingenuous.
    >>
    >> Also I thought all routers had 4 LAN ports, silly me I am glad I am not
    >> a Apple addict.
    >>

    >WTF do you want 4 ports on a cheap home wireless router for? It's not
    >like they can be routed independantly.

    I am programming a Wireless Security camera that has to be connected to
    a LAN port to do it, the other option is to program it from the LAN on
    my PC.

    >> I would rate the Apple one at the bottom of my list.

    >As usual, you are a fool.

    No Very Very Wise...-:)
    Frank Williams, May 26, 2011