    fast flash recharge (problem with my Casio)

    All suggestions appreciated.
    Thanks

    Bob, Sep 14, 2006

  2. Bob

    Marvin Guest

    Bob wrote:
    > I want to replace a Casio QV-R51camera and would like advice. The
    > features I am looking for are:
    >
    > Use SD memory (I have 2.5 GB)
    > AA batteries (absolute must)
    > 3 or more optical zoom
    > 5 or more mega pixel
    > must have image stabilization (which do you recommend?)
    > fairly small (must fit in man's shirt pocket)
    > small shutter lag
    > hopefully good battery life
    > fast flash recharge (problem with my Casio)
    >
    > All suggestions appreciated.
    > Thanks

    I recently got a Panasonic DMC-LZ3, with 5 MP, 6X zoom, and
    image stabilization. It is a little big to fit comfortably
    in a shirt pocket: 3.75 X 2.5 X 1.75". It fits your specs
    otherwise.

    Marvin, Sep 15, 2006

  3. Bob

    Guest

    Bob wrote:

    > I want to replace a Casio QV-R51camera and would like advice. The
    > features I am looking for are:
    >
    > Use SD memory (I have 2.5 GB)
    > AA batteries (absolute must)
    > 3 or more optical zoom
    > 5 or more mega pixel
    > must have image stabilization (which do you recommend?)
    > fairly small (must fit in man's shirt pocket)
    > small shutter lag
    > hopefully good battery life
    > fast flash recharge (problem with my Casio)

    I don't know if it's available yet, but it would appear that the Canon
    A710 IS might fit your specifications, if it's not too large. You may
    have trouble finding a AA battery camera with IS that fits in a shirt
    pocket.

    , Sep 15, 2006
  4. Bob

    Bob Guest

    On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:31:30 -0400, Marvin <>
    wrote:

    >I recently got a Panasonic DMC-LZ3, with 5 MP, 6X zoom, and
    >image stabilization. It is a little big to fit comfortably
    >in a shirt pocket: 3.75 X 2.5 X 1.75". It fits your specs
    >otherwise.

    It looks like the size will be OK. How do you like the camera? I am
    thinking of the LZ5.

    Bob, Sep 15, 2006