Need assistance setting up Cisco 7940G

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by jkltrading, Jul 21, 2012.

  1. jkltrading

    jkltrading

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Hello,

    I am a newbie so I don't know much about Cisco phones but bought this for home office use from ebay because I loved the phone back when I worked for a company. All I am really looking for is phone use at home

    I hooked this up to my verizon router using ethernet and inserted the power cord. This is what is displayed on the phone:

    Cisco Systems, Inc
    Copyright 2000

    *Configuring IP
    *Configuring CM List
    *Opening 10.0.0.1

    The phone doesn't work and I am not sure how to set this phone up. If anyone will be so kind to walk me through the setup process (in easy language), I would truly appreciate it.

    Thank you in advance.

    jkltrading, Jul 21, 2012

  2. jkltrading

    jkltrading

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Would anyone be kind to respond to this message? I would truly appreciate it.

    jkltrading, Aug 2, 2012