    free2002 Guest

    i have some dvds here that are region all but im not sure if they are pal or
    ntsc, someone know of an app that will detect it? thanks
    free2002, Mar 4, 2004

  2. free2002 wrote:
    > i have some dvds here that are region all but im not sure if they are pal
    > or ntsc, someone know of an app that will detect it? thanks

    Most any DVD-player software should have a display accessible somewhere
    that tells you the size of the frame in pixels. If the frame is 720x480,
    the disc is NTSC; if it's 720x576, it's PAL.

    HTH,

    doug

    --
    "Don't you let my letter get you down..."
    --David Bowie
    Douglas Bailey, Mar 4, 2004

  3. free2002

    Bratboy Guest

    also can check framerate. I believe Pal is at 23 fps and ntsc is 29

    Bratboy, Mar 5, 2004
  4. Bratboy wrote:
    > ...can check framerate. I believe Pal is at 23 fps and ntsc is 29

    PAL is 25 fps; NTSC is 29.97 (aka "30 drop").

    doug

    --
    "If this is not an exercise, could it be a...?"
    --Wire
    Douglas Bailey, Mar 6, 2004
  5. free2002

    free2002 Guest

    thanks, been using windows media player coz i dont play dvds on my pc, just
    burn them and play to test them, now thanks to microshaft i will have to get
    myself a dvd program anyway coz the new WMP 9 wont let me play dvds without
    buying a decoder plugin!

    free2002, Mar 6, 2004