Need advise to implement VPN

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Awie, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. Awie

    Awie Guest

    All,

    I plan to install VPN service for our user that traveling abroad and
    using Interet (either dedicated or dial up). The device is Cisco 1721
    + VPN Modules and notebook of users will use Cisco VPN Client. VPN is
    a very new thing for me but I must implement with in next month.

    Hope someone would like to answer my questions:

    1. Are there any additional H/W or S/W required?
    2. How is about authentication to “login” to our Intranet?
    3. Is it need authentication server such as RADIUS or LDAP?

    Many thanks for your kind help and support.

    Best regards,

    Awie

    Awie, Jul 11, 2003

  2. Awie

    Dave Phelps Guest

    In article <>, says...

    I have a config for this on my site at www.tippenring.com/docs.

    --
    Dave Phelps
    DD Networks

    Dave Phelps, Jul 12, 2003

  3. Awie

    Awie Guest

    Dave Phelps <> wrote in message news:<beo6vo$6e6tt$-berlin.de>...
    > In article <>, says...
    > > I plan to install VPN service for our user that traveling abroad and
    > > using Interet (either dedicated or dial up). The device is Cisco 1721
    > > + VPN Modules and notebook of users will use Cisco VPN Client. VPN is
    > > a very new thing for me but I must implement with in next month.
    > >

    > I have a config for this on my site at www.tippenring.com/docs.

    Walter & Dave,

    Many thanks for your kind help. I will try to do installation, and
    configuration. Hope you would like to answer my next question.

    Thx

    Awie

    Awie, Jul 12, 2003
  4. Awie

    Digital Doug Guest

    I advise that you get a strong warranty commitment from Cisco. One of the
    larger hospitals in Houston has a Cisco VPN setup for the Tele-Radiology
    dept (remote X-Ray reading) and has had nothing but trouble. It seems as
    though their Cisco gets hot and shuts down repeatedly----yet their is
    adequete AC and power conditioning.

    I have deployed small IBM pcs with W2K server and used the included IPSEC to
    form an easily managed VPN network. Each PC used an Intel PRO 100 S NIC
    (embedded ipsec offload). We have had great results and have passed external
    security audits.

    Digital Doug, Jul 13, 2003