    homebuilt systems.
    Thanks in advance.
    Arawak

    Arawak, Apr 20, 2005

  2. "Arawak" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I currently have an ATI All in Wonder 9800 128M AGP card installed and
    > I'm running Windows XP Pro Media Center Edition 2005.
    > I want to add a TV Tuner card to take advantage of the OS.
    > Which is the best inexpensive card you could suggest?
    > I have read various reviews on MCE systems which claimed problems with
    > Hauppauge cards and I have come across a list of compatible cards
    > recommended by Microsoft but wanted feedback on any experience with
    > homebuilt systems.
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Arawak

    I don't know if this might help, but plenty of cards and reviews.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/10392561//202-7608942-6877459

    Annette Kurten, Apr 20, 2005

  3. Arawak

    Arawak Guest

    On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:16:55 +0000 (UTC), "Annette Kurten"
    <> wrote:

    >"Arawak" <> wrote in message
    >> I currently have an ATI All in Wonder 9800 128M AGP card installed and
    >> I'm running Windows XP Pro Media Center Edition 2005.
    >> I want to add a TV Tuner card to take advantage of the OS.
    >> Which is the best inexpensive card you could suggest?
    >> I have read various reviews on MCE systems which claimed problems with
    >> Hauppauge cards and I have come across a list of compatible cards
    >> recommended by Microsoft but wanted feedback on any experience with
    >> homebuilt systems.
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >> Arawak

    >I don't know if this might help, but plenty of cards and reviews.
    >http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/10392561//202-7608942-6877459

    Yes I've read similar but still ovewhelmed by the choices which is why
    I was looking for a specific recommendation from someone who already
    has one installed which is working great.
    I did appreciate the link.

    Arawak

    Arawak, Apr 21, 2005
  4. Try

    http://techreport.com/reviews/2005q2/tuner-comparo/index.x?pg=1

    You may also want to check out Beyond TV at www.snapstream.com
    I'm running it, and find the feature set and interface to be better
    than MCE.

    Charles Linquist, Apr 21, 2005
  5. Arawak

    Marc Guest

    I'm using the cheap Hauppauge card - the one with stereo. I believe it's one
    up from cheapest.

    If you get it, may be worth a call to them to get the drivers they say will
    work rather than the XP ones you get with it or are normally on their Web
    site.

    Finally, when I started using XP, every so often the screen would go to a
    scrambled picture. After a number of calls and a swapped card, they were of
    no help. What worked was running the program in the 98/ME compatibility
    mode. Haven't had a problem since.

    FM radio that's part of the thing is quite decent. Keep in mind that you
    most likely you are going to have to feed the TV part with a cable box or
    something with gain. It doesn't seem to work with over the air signals.

    Marc

    Marc, Apr 21, 2005