Need advice! Which courses to take?

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by I.W.T.B.F., Sep 25, 2003.

  1. I.W.T.B.F.

    I.W.T.B.F. Guest

    Hi!
    I would like to become a MCSD or MCAD (not decided yet).
    I plan to take courses at one of those Microsoft Certified Technical
    Education Centers.
    If you are familiar with this, can you please advice me which courses
    to take, concerning that I am a beginner to programming?

    These courses Microsoft Recommends for absolute beginners are:
    2667 Introduction to Programming
    2124 Programming with C# .NET
    2609 Introduction to C# Programming with Microsoft .NET
    2349 Programming with the Microsoft .NET Framework (Microsoft Visual
    C# .NET)
    2310 Developing Web Applications Using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    2555 Developing Microsoft .NET Applications for Windows (Visual C#
    ..NET)
    2557 Building COM+ Applications Using Microsoft .NET Enterprise
    Services
    2524 Developing XML Web Services Using Microsoft ASP.NET
    2389 Programming with Microsoft ADO.NET (3 days)
    2710 Analyzing Requirements and Defining Microsoft .NET Solution
    Architectures (5 days)
    2071 Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with Transact-SQL (2 days)
    2073 Programming a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database (5 days)

    And these are the courses offered by first MCTEC: 304 (45min) classes,
    9 MOC books included, 1390 ? (in advance)
    Introduction to C# (beginner level, not MOC course)
    2609 Introduction to C# Programming with Microsoft .NET, 40 classes
    2389 Programming with Microsoft ADO.NET, 24 classes
    2310 Developing Microsoft ASP.NET Web Applications Using Visual Studio
    ..NET, 40 classes
    2555 Developing Microsoft .NET Applications for Windows (Visual C#
    ..NET) 40 classes
    2524 Developing XML Web Services Using Microsoft ASP.NET 24 classes
    2557 Building COM+ Applications Using Microsoft .NET Enterprise
    Services 40 classes
    2710 Analyzing Requirements and Defining Microsoft .NET Solution
    Architectures, 40 classes
    2073 Programming a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database, 40 classes
    2071 Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with Transact-SQL, 16 classes

    And these are the courses offered by second MCTEC: books included,
    2090 ?
    2640a Upgrading Web Development Skills from ASP to Microsoft ASP.NET
    2310 Developing Web Applications Using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    2389 Programming ADO.NET
    2555 Developing Microsoft .NET Applications for Windows (Visual C#
    ..NET)
    2557 Developing Component-Based Applications Using Microsoft .NET
    Enterprise Services
    2524 Developing XML Web Services
    2663 Programming with XML in the Microsoft .NET Framework
    2090a Modeling Business Requirements to Create a Database Using
    Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect
    1846 Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF) Essentials
    2710 Analyzing Requirements and Defining Microsoft .NET Solution
    Architectures
    2071 Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with Transact-SQL
    2073 Programming a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database

    Thanks for your time!
    N.R.

    I.W.T.B.F., Sep 25, 2003

  2. I.W.T.B.F.

    I.W.T.B.F. Guest

    Yes but I'm not an absolute beginner, I learned C and some Pascal.
    I "only" don't have experience.
    But thanks for your suggestion anyway. I'm probably going to listen to
    you and become more familiar with visual studio .net and C#(concernig
    my C past :) before taking courses, at least as much as I can untill
    the next courses serial starts(a few weeks from now).
    Thanks again Jaime!

    I.W.T.B.F., Sep 26, 2003

  3. I.W.T.B.F.

    Jaime Guest

    No problem, nothing can replace actually playing with the
    program and then if you do that the classes you take will
    make more sense and be more worthwhile to you.

    Jaime, Sep 26, 2003