    on the ground to worry about.

    Thanks in advance,

    Bill
    Bill Jones, Dec 3, 2003

  2. "Bill Jones" <> wrote in message
    news:MPG.1a370e2713eb1fed989697@news...
    > I will be getting my Canon Digital Rebel this weekend and am itching to
    > get out and shoot some of the home christmas lights displays in our
    > town. I will be using a tripod and cable release, but am hoping I can
    > get some experiences in shooting these types of pixs, currently no snow
    > on the ground to worry about.

    I'm having a blast with my lowly A40, trial and error works great for me.
    Manual setting, start with 1 sec exposure & shoot away.

    I've also found that I can do marvels with software, Irfanview's gamma
    adjustment will make almost any shot as dark or as light as you want it.
    Good luck and happy holidays!

    Juan
    Juan R. Pollo, Dec 3, 2003

  3. Bill Jones

    Steven Guest

    On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 02:11:55 GMT, "Juan R. Pollo"
    <> wrote:

    >"Bill Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> I will be getting my Canon Digital Rebel this weekend and am itching to
    >> get out and shoot some of the home christmas lights displays in our
    >> town. I will be using a tripod and cable release, but am hoping I can
    >> get some experiences in shooting these types of pixs, currently no snow
    >> on the ground to worry about.

    Rember the Rebel has a electronic shutter so you need a new cable
    release. I just got a RS-60E3 for $25 will be tring mine out this
    weekend too. I did a test and it seems you be able to watch the
    exposure on the lcd screen .

    Steve

    Steven, Dec 3, 2003
  4. Bill Jones

    Jerry McG Guest

    "Bill Jones" <> wrote in message
    > I will be getting my Canon Digital Rebel this weekend and am itching to
    > get out and shoot some of the home christmas lights displays in our
    > town. I will be using a tripod and cable release, but am hoping I can
    > get some experiences in shooting these types of pixs, currently no snow
    > on the ground to worry about.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Bill

    Weird, I just a few minutes ago did this with a little Nikon 5400, tripod &
    cable. All I did was set the thing to aperture priority, set the white
    balance & sensitivity to "auto" and fire away. It nailed every shot!
    Jerry McG, Dec 3, 2003
  5. I'll add one suggestion. If you get a night with rain, that is the
    best, it does not have to be raining, you just want everything wet
    reflecting all the lights. Snow is second best.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Dec 3, 2003
  6. >cable. All I did was set the thing to aperture priority, set the white
    >balance & sensitivity to "auto" and fire away. It nailed every shot!

    Nice tip. I plan on shooting some Christmas lights this weekend. I will make a
    note of trying this out.
    Kerry Sanders, Dec 6, 2003