    to be working. Is it true that passing a magnet over the hd will erase
    the data on it.
    Thanks in advance for you help

    ftran999, Sep 15, 2004

  2. ftran999

    Special Ed Guest

    "ftran999" <> wrote in message
    news:NCL1d.193543$Fg5.135291@attbi_s53...
    > As I had posted a few days ago my Western Digital hard drive has crashed.
    > luckely it is only a few months old and therefore still under warranty.
    > However, before contacting WD for an RMA, as you can imagine I'm a bit
    > paranoid about sending out my hd with my personal and financial info on
    > it.
    > I know that when using windows xp, one way to wipe the disk is to use the
    > format option or even some third party application. However, since I
    > can't
    > access windows what are my other options.
    > I looked through my bios (ami bios on an asus p4c800-e deluxe) but
    > couldn't
    > find anything useful. I did find a program called KillDisk from which you
    > can create a bootable floppy with the wipe program on it but it doesn't
    > seem
    > to be working. Is it true that passing a magnet over the hd will erase
    > the data on it.
    > Thanks in advance for you help

    Get PGP- it has a DOD disk-wipe utitlity.

    Edw.

    Special Ed, Sep 15, 2004

  3. Special Ed, the pompous, sleepy-eyed head louse, and farm animal castrator,
    railed:

    >> As I had posted a few days ago my Western Digital hard drive has
    >> crashed. luckely it is only a few months old and therefore still
    >> under warranty. However, before contacting WD for an RMA, as you can
    >> imagine I'm a bit paranoid about sending out my hd with my personal
    >> and financial info on it.
    >> I know that when using windows xp, one way to wipe the disk is to
    >> use the format option or even some third party application.
    >> However, since I can't
    >> access windows what are my other options.
    >> I looked through my bios (ami bios on an asus p4c800-e deluxe) but
    >> couldn't
    >> find anything useful. I did find a program called KillDisk from
    >> which you can create a bootable floppy with the wipe program on it
    >> but it doesn't seem
    >> to be working. Is it true that passing a magnet over the hd will
    >> erase the data on it.
    >> Thanks in advance for you help

    > Get PGP- it has a DOD disk-wipe utitlity.

    And how fucking good will that be if the onboard controller card is rooted,
    you fucking, stupidly ignorant, inadmissible, campy bat?

    --
    You squabbling, blotchy, stitched gnatcatcher.

    Pralag the degenerate-influencer, Sep 15, 2004
  4. ftran999

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "ftran999" <> wrote in message
    > As I had posted a few days ago my Western Digital hard drive has crashed.
    > luckely it is only a few months old and therefore still under warranty.
    > However, before contacting WD for an RMA, as you can imagine I'm a bit
    > paranoid about sending out my hd with my personal and financial info on

    it.
    > I know that when using windows xp, one way to wipe the disk is to use the
    > format option or even some third party application. However, since I

    can't
    > access windows what are my other options.
    > I looked through my bios (ami bios on an asus p4c800-e deluxe) but

    couldn't
    > find anything useful. I did find a program called KillDisk from which you
    > can create a bootable floppy with the wipe program on it but it doesn't

    seem
    > to be working. Is it true that passing a magnet over the hd will erase
    > the data on it.
    > Thanks in advance for you help

    go to the hospital and let em do an mri scan on it..

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Sep 15, 2004
  5. ftran999

    Liz Guest

    "127.0.0.1" wrote

    > go to the hospital and let em do an mri scan on it..

    I was there today, defrag went smoothly.

    Liz, Sep 15, 2004