    *Every time* I try to get photos of the performers during these concerts, most of the images come out "fuzzed" or blurred. Photos taken elsewhere in the park, before and after these concerts, are perfect. And, the video clips of the performers taken with this camera come out just fine also. By the way, I have the flash turned "off" when I'm trying to get these concert shots, since there's plenty of light.

    My question: Is it possible that the electronics in use at the concerts (wireless mics, amps, etc.) are interfering somehow with the camera's operation and creating some kind of interference? I've tried all kinds of different camera settings and the same thing keeps happening (but I would think that it would be affecting the videos as well, which it doesn't). This also happens with another, cheaper digital camera that I have, so it's not unique to the Sony.

    Anyone ever have this type of problem with a digital camera? ANY advice or info appreciated! Thanks....

    Rad17, Oct 22, 2006

  2. Rad17

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 14:49:58 GMT, Rad17 wrote:

    > *Every time* I try to get photos of the performers during these concerts, most of the images come out "fuzzed" or blurred. Photos taken elsewhere in the park, before and after these concerts, are perfect. And, the video clips of the performers taken with this camera come out just fine also. By the way, I have the flash turned "off" when I'm trying to get these concert shots, since there's plenty of light.

    Are you sure that there's plenty of light? If the exposure
    appears to be good, check the EXIF data to see what shutter speed
    was used. Unless the performers are fairly motionless when the
    pictures are taken, you'd probably want a fairly fast shutter speed,
    probably at least 1/125th or 1/250th sec. If it turns out that you
    were shooting at 1/60th sec. or slower, you could get a proper
    exposure with a faster shutter speed by increasing the camera's ISO.
    This might make the pictures slightly "noisier", but it would
    probably be a big improvement over the blur you're getting. If you
    examine the video clips frame by frame, you might see similar or
    even worse blur, but this isn't as easily noticed when watching at
    the normal rate of 30 frames/sec.

    ASAAR, Oct 22, 2006

  3. Rad17

    EF in FLA Guest

    >I'm having an ongoing problem that I can't figure out. We go to Disney
    >World fairly often, and I use this camera all over >the place over there.
    >Pictures are great except at the concerts at Epcot. A couple of times a
    >year Epcot brings in >bands like Kansas, Davy Jones, 3 Dog Night, etc. etc.

    You're probably sitting in that covered area near America, right? There is
    less light than you think and the shutter speed is too slow. The
    electronics has nothing to do with it. I've gotten a few good photos there
    and several blurry ones. It just one of those areas where digital cameras
    do not excell. I try to stick with videos.

    ef

    EF in FLA, Oct 22, 2006
  4. "Rad17" <> wrote in message news:qyL_g.10470$A27.6850@trnddc08...
    I have a Sony DSC-P93, great camera, shoots great photos and video clips, BUT.....

[...]

    Probably camera shake since there is not enough light.

    Charles Schuler, Oct 22, 2006