    disc back at 100%. If anyone knows of any good DVD repair tools or
    household items that I can use, I'm all eyes!

    Thanks!
    Hunter, Dec 15, 2003

  2. Hunter

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Hunter" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I had a DVD slip out of the case and hit my tv stand. Now the disc
    > has scuff marks, and has video breaks during at least one scene.
    > I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove scuffs, I would like
    > to get the disc back at 100%. If anyone knows of any good DVD
    > repair tools or household items that I can use, I'm all eyes!
    >
    > Thanks!

    Well, I just hope that it wasn't a DVD that is out of print. If this
    happened to _Bride of Frankenstein_, you may be out of luck. Unless you
    damage DVDs on a regular basis, you might be better off replacing the
    disk.

    The alternative makes me cringe. Contrary to popular belief, you don't
    rub out a scratch, you rub the area surrounding the scratch down to the
    level of bottom of the scratch. Very minor scratches and swirls can be
    filled in with polish, but bad scratches must be sanded out.

    Go here:

    http://www.google.com/

    and enter the phrase:

    dvd scratch remover

    A number of scratch removal devices will come up:

    http://www.portabledvdstore.com/skipmdmotscr.html

    The world's first CD and DVD scratch repair device. The SkipDoctor MD
    repairs scratches and does it even easier using motor power! No more
    handles to crank for minute-after-minute and no messy pastes to deal
    with. The simple 6 step process takes just minutes to restore a damaged
    disc to like-new performance. A fantastic tool to save expensive damaged
    DVD's and CD's.

    Included in the package are:
    Motorized Resurfacing Unit
    Disc Holder
    Resurfacing Wheel
    Resurfacing Fluid
    Special Drying Cloth
    Felt Buffing Square
    Operating Guide

    Or, how about sending the disk out for repairs?

    http://www.dischospital.com/
    Scot Gardner, Dec 15, 2003

  3. Hunter

    GraB Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 02:47:12 GMT, Hunter <> wrote:

    >I had a DVD slip out of the case and hit my tv stand. Now the disc has
    >scuff marks, and has video breaks during at least one scene. I was
    >wondering if anyone knew how to remove scuffs, I would like to get the
    >disc back at 100%. If anyone knows of any good DVD repair tools or
    >household items that I can use, I'm all eyes!
    >
    >Thanks!

    Where I live some video hire outlets have a CD / DVD repairer machine.
    Charge is quite moderate.
    GraB, Dec 15, 2003