    until my ex g/f lost it. Any and all suggestions and ideas will be great.
    Thanks, ben

    --

    Ben Dixon, Jun 8, 2004

  2. Ben Dixon wrote:

    > Hi I have a chance to buy a Canon G3 and would just like to find out what
    > the opinion of the group is. I would have 300.00 in it and would also like
    > to hear what other cameras compare or are better for the money. If you have
    > one is it difficult to use the fold out screen? Kinda seems odd to me. I
    > used to have a little Elph with 2.1 mp and it was fine to me at least it was
    > until my ex g/f lost it. Any and all suggestions and ideas will be great.
    > Thanks, ben

    The fold out screen is invaluable to me, as I like to hold the camera at
    waist level for some shots, and hold it in the air, pointing down at an
    angle. The screen also can lie flat on the camera's back, in or out.

    I am paying $250 to get mine repaired, if that tells you how much I
    value that camera.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John P McWilliams, Jun 8, 2004

  3. Ben Dixon

    Lung Fish Guest

    "Ben Dixon" <> wrote in news::

    > Hi I have a chance to buy a Canon G3 and would just like to find out
    > what the opinion of the group is. I would have 300.00 in it and would
    > also like to hear what other cameras compare or are better for the
    > money. If you have one is it difficult to use the fold out screen?
    > Kinda seems odd to me. I used to have a little Elph with 2.1 mp and
    > it was fine to me at least it was until my ex g/f lost it. Any and
    > all suggestions and ideas will be great. Thanks, ben

    One of the best comsumer grade cameras made yet.
    I still have mine; it's a nice small backup to my SLRs.

    Lung Fish, Jun 9, 2004