    available. I can copy movies, however, using Nero. But when I use
    Nero for files, the DVD is unreadable. Any ideas what is going on and
    how I can fix it? Thanks.
    Scribner, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Scribner

    dadiOH Guest

    Scribner wrote:
    > I got a new Plextor DVD burner a couple of weeks ago. I decided to
    > back up some files using Window's (Roxio's) Drag and Drop system.
    > Everything went as it should. (I'm running XP Pro with SP-2). I
    > even removed the CD's and re-installed them to make sure that they
    > were readable before I wiped the files from my NTFS aux. hard
    > drive. Then my computer crashed. Now, I'm up and running. The
    > DVD's are not readable (even IsoBuster doesn't work) and I cannot
    > drag and drop anymore.

    Your system packet writing software (Adaptec/Roxio DirectCD probably) is
    screwed up. Re-installing should fix. "Packet writing" is what's done via
    drag and drop.
    ___________________________

    > I get an error message saying that my hard
    > drive files cannot be copied onto the DVD. Although they copy just
    > fine to my other hard drives.

    Do you mean you can't copy them in any manner or you can't copy them by drag
    & drop? Writing to a CD/DVD drive is not the same thing as writing to a HD.
    _____________________________

    > I have upgraded the Plextor software
    > to the latest available. I can copy movies, however, using Nero.
    > But when I use Nero for files, the DVD is unreadable. Any ideas
    > what is going on and how I can fix it? Thanks.

    Learn about writing to CDs/DVDs. Fix your UDF (packet writing) software.
    Read about packet writing then don't do it. Get a free UDF reader from
    Adaptec/Roxio. Et cetera but mostly forget about using packet writing.

    --
    dadiOH
    _____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
    ____________________________
    dadiOH, Oct 22, 2004

  3. Scribner

    Jamco Guest

    drag and dropping to dvd is asking for problems

    Jamco, Oct 22, 2004
  4. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    Well, the packet writing software was pure XP. I'm using Nero Ultra
    6. I can burn the first session, but subsequent sessions lock up.

    Scribner, Oct 22, 2004