Need Advice for VoIP hardware setup

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Fakhar, Feb 4, 2005.

  1. Fakhar

    Fakhar Guest

    Hi,

    I was wondering about a VoIP hardware setup that we can setup in
    our organization. The Organization set up is as follows.

    1: Different Branches within on city and also other cities.
    2: Within a single city, We have DSL Link at each location from
    single ISP.
    3: Across the city the ISP are changed.

    We have independent PABXs at each location. What we want is a solution
    that we can integrate with the existing PABXs. Using the VoIP Hardware
    we should be able to use the normal telephone sets and make call within
    the organization (in the same city or inter-city call).

    Please advice me any good and inexpensive solution.

    Take Care

    Fakhar

    Fakhar, Feb 4, 2005

  2. Fakhar

    Mitel Lurker Guest

    If you have this idea that you're going to be able to leverage your
    conventional consumer grade ADSL Internet connections to "network" your
    multiple office sites together using VOIP, you may be setting yourself up
    for a big letdown.

    You really need to have a dedicated private WAN for this.

    Mitel Lurker, Feb 5, 2005

  3. Fakhar

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Mitel Lurker <wdg@[206.180.145.133]> wrote:
    > If you have this idea that you're going to be able to leverage your
    > conventional consumer grade ADSL Internet connections to "network" your
    > multiple office sites together using VOIP, you may be setting yourself up
    > for a big letdown.
    >
    > You really need to have a dedicated private WAN for this.

    Depends on their quality expectations, the quality of their DSL link,
    surplus bandwidth available, and the number of simultaneous calls, I guess.

    If they have enough capacity and just a few calls at once, it shouldn't be a
    problem. Heck, I have a cheap 1024/384 DSL link in a country 300ms away from
    my SIP proxy and I can push two calls through at once without any sound
    quality problems at all.

    miguel
    --
    Hit The Road! Photos from 35 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu