Need advice DIY digital camera repair

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by DemoDisk, Jan 1, 2007.

  1. DemoDisk

    DemoDisk Guest

    Happy New Year from a first-time poster!

    I'd like some help/advice on opening the case of a FujiFilm FinePix
    3800. Online research reveals a characteristic problem with this
    camera -- loose screws rattling around inside short it out.

    On my camera, the screws holding on the front bezel came loose. I didn't
    recognize this problem until the bezel nearly fell off ! The camera
    *still works* but

    1) I need to put 'em back! and
    2) the gap allowed dust inside which I'd like to remove

    These bezel screws attach from the inside. The case screws come off
    okay, but I also need to remove the Mode thumbwheel.

    Anybody know the correct way to do that?

    I guess I could have it repaired by Ritz Camera, but would likely cost
    the present value of the camera, and might be something I could do
    better myself. So, *would* you attempt this, and *how* do you do it?

    Love to hear your ideas, folks. And happy 2007!

    JPM

    DemoDisk, Jan 1, 2007

  2. DemoDisk

    RichG Guest

    I can't help with your original question..but..you might watch Ebay or local
    sellers for a damaged camera of the same type. That way you could bust it up
    and find out how things tick. My granddaughter ( age 2 ) dropped the kid's
    camera into the bathtub. I used it to fix a broken battery door on my
    camera. RG

    RichG, Jan 4, 2007