    copy and I have to manually copy them.

    Does anyone know of a utility that I can compare the 2 drives after the copy
    process and determine differences?
    Michael, Mar 7, 2005

  2. On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 15:40:16 -0800 , "Michael" <>
    wrote:

    >This is the second time that I supposedly made an exact duplicate copy of my
    >old hard drive to a new one, using the hard drive manufacturer's utility.
    >Both times I did it, there were enough copy failures to make some programs,
    >like those in Microsoft Office to be inoperable. (Why don't those utilities
    >really make an exact copy?) Eventually, I find that some files did not
    >copy and I have to manually copy them.
    >
    >Does anyone know of a utility that I can compare the 2 drives after the copy
    >process and determine differences?

    What utility are you using to make the copies?
    mhaase-at-springmind.com, Mar 8, 2005

  3. Michael

    Michael Guest

    I used the utility that comes with the HD on both occasions. The first time
    with a Maxtor HD, the second with a Western Digital HD.

    Michael, Mar 8, 2005
  4. Michael

    Michael Guest

    I used the utility that comes with the HD (on a CD) on both occasions. The

    Michael, Mar 8, 2005