Need a utility for stressing applications ??

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by JM, Feb 19, 2006.

  1. JM

    JM Guest

    I repair computers, and one of the most common things I deal with is damage
    from malware. Whenever the computer owner insists I don't reformat, my only
    option is to manually clean all the junk off. The problem is, of course,
    that malware leaves "scars," sometimes latent damage that doesn't reveal
    itself immediately, but that shows up later in quirky behavior by
    applications, etc.

    The tools I use tend to focus on hardware or specific operations like
    graphics - things like Sisoft Sandra, the 3DMark series, and other similar
    utilities. Is there a tool that checks/stresses the condition of the
    Windows file structure, registry, etc?

    Or, does anyone have suggestions as to how I can be more sure that the
    repaired Windows will behave after it leaves my place?

    I'm not sure I explained my problem adequately.

    Input appreciated.

    jm
    JM, Feb 19, 2006