    taking like 15 mins just to rip!

    Thanx

    Samantha Brooks

    slsbrooks, Oct 19, 2006

  2. slsbrooks

    dadiOH Guest

    slsbrooks wrote:
    > Hey all,
    >
    > ANy chance someone could give me a hint as to wat might be a really
    > fast cd ripper as I am soooooooo fed up with Windows media player
    > taking like 15 mins just to rip!

    15 minutes to rip or 15 minutes to rip *AND* encode? The first takes
    little time the latter considerable. See "Codec Capers" in "Other
    Programs" in my dandies (below) for speed info of various. The speeds
    given are relative since the actual ones are system dependent.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Oct 19, 2006

  3. Howdy!

    "slsbrooks" <> wrote in message
    > Hey all,
    >
    > ANy chance someone could give me a hint as to wat might be a really
    > fast cd ripper as I am soooooooo fed up with Windows media player
    > taking like 15 mins just to rip!

    Ahem. Part of that time is the time WMP takes to encrypt the data
    so that it's license locked.

    Try using CDex ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdexos/ ) for your
    future ripping. And try reripping in CDex - so that, if your machine ever
    goes Tango Uniform, or you decide to move the rips to another machine, you
    can.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Oct 21, 2006
  4. slsbrooks

    thanatoid Guest

    "Ralph Wade Phillips" <> wrote in

    > Howdy!
    >
    > "slsbrooks" <> wrote in message
    >> Hey all,
    >>
    >> ANy chance someone could give me a hint as to wat might be
    >> a really fast cd ripper as I am soooooooo fed up with
    >> Windows media player taking like 15 mins just to rip!

    > Ahem. Part of that time is the time WMP takes to
    > encrypt the data
    > so that it's license locked.
    >
    > Try using CDex (
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdexos/ ) for your
    > future ripping. And try reripping in CDex - so that, if
    > your machine ever goes Tango Uniform, or you decide to move
    > the rips to another machine, you can.
    >
    > RwP

    Ripping at the fastest speeds technically available on your
    burner is not a good idea. Many CD's burned in 2 minutes end up
    being coasters, especially if the media is not the very best
    quality.

    Burning with WMP is a VERY bad idea, but 15 minutes is not that
    long.
    Just enough to take a nice crap, or have a nice cup of coffee
    and cake, or a quick circle jerk with your mates.

    I never burn any CD's at higher than 8x, and IF I ever get a DVD
    burned which is doubtful, I would probably never burn faster
    than 4x either (subject to new information learned at that time
    about the possible differences regarding speed of burning in CDR
    and DVDR technology).

    I recommend www.goldenhawk.com to get your burning software.

    thanatoid, Oct 21, 2006