Need a suggestion for a search phrase

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by RoseW, Jan 31, 2010.

  1. RoseW

    RoseW Guest

    In the last few days when Lightroom loads the page is white and slowly
    fills in the details (Gui ?).
    This is a similar look to a toolbar folder in which I have shortcuts to
    my most often used software. The folder will be white at the initial use
    of that toolbar and then the shortcut icons will display. For the rest
    of the day that toolbar folder will pop open normally.
    Even the Catalyst software will be white for a short time. I went there
    today to see if any info was located in that ATI management software.
    I browsed through the Lightroom forums and no one is reporting a similar
    behaviour but it could very well be something within it but the Catalyst
    software presentation did the same thing.

    I have been searching with thoughts towards video settings but the
    phrases or key words I'm using are not effective. I'm missing some
    terminology
    I thought it might have something to do with video acceleration.

    Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 8 ram quad core ATI Radeon 3800 most recent
    drivers. Clean install Nov.09
    The Lightroom beta 3 was running along just fine until the past days and
    no changes made by me.

    Rose

    RoseW, Jan 31, 2010

  2. "RoseW" <> wrote in message
    > In the last few days when Lightroom loads the page is white and slowly
    > fills in the details (Gui ?).

    What is Lightroom? Is it a 64bit app?...

    Oh. Brought to you by the same company that still can't make a 64bit
    version of Flash?

    http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/

    (BING search for
    lightroom
    )

    <eg>

    Robert Aldwinckle, Feb 5, 2010

  3. RoseW

    RoseW Guest

    On 2/5/2010 8:58 AM, Robert Aldwinckle wrote:

    > "RoseW" <> wrote in message
    >> In the last few days when Lightroom loads the page is white and slowly
    >> fills in the details (Gui ?).

    > What is Lightroom? Is it a 64bit app?...
    >
    > Oh. Brought to you by the same company that still can't make a 64bit
    > version of Flash?
    >
    > http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/
    >
    > (BING search for
    > lightroom
    > )

    <snip>

    >> Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 8 ram quad core ATI Radeon 3800 most recent
    >> drivers. Clean install Nov.09
    >> The Lightroom beta 3 was running along just fine until the past days
    >> and no changes made by me.
    >>

    >> Rose

    Yeah its a 64 bit application...but doesn't load or switch tasks too
    well in the Win7 64bit environment. Its a beta version that now is
    producing an error pop up '?:0: attempt to index a nil value' when
    clicking request to print.
    I thought something was going off with my video setup but its just the
    Adobe software.
    Supposedly early spring for launch of the version 3. I've given it a
    month of steady usage and I don't think I'm going to last until Spring
    <grin>
    Rose

    RoseW, Feb 6, 2010